Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome fellow Az'er. Does your ham radio use APRS? If so I was down in your area this past weekend camping and running around the Patagonia, Lochiel, Parker Canyon Lake, Sonoita areas.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I also see you are a ham, hopefully you can join our weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/Allstar enabled repeater don't worry...many of us use the Echolink app.
I'll try to listen in via the URL you included above. I'm also new to HAM radio, bought a couple little handhelds for nearby comms. I've not messed around with repeaters yet.
Thanks for all this information!

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Love those Foxes.. wait I’m biassed. I worked at the manufacturing plant in The warehouse for several years.

welcome to Overlanding
You wouldn't happen to know how I could acquire the blueprints for the Arctic Fox 990, would you? I'm interested in mounting a storage solution on the back, exterior wall, to the left of the door, and I'm wondering how I can locate the aluminum studs to anchor into, presumably right over the AF Logo (see picture).
Thank you Sir!DRF_5999.JPG

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
You wouldn't happen to know how I could acquire the blueprints for the Arctic Fox 990, would you? I'm interested in mounting a storage solution on the back, exterior wall, to the left of the door, and I'm wondering how I can locate the aluminum studs to anchor into, presumably right over the AF Logo (see picture).
Thank you Sir!View attachment 151529
Now, you really think they will give out the blueprints to their trailers... lol... what I can do is give you their customer service number, and one of the techs should be able to help you out...
Phone: 541.962.6274
7am-4pm Mon-Fri Pacific Time

Ask for Service

I’m not sure if any one is in the office, the plant has been closed since February due to the COVID, but workers return to work next week.

Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Now, you really think they will give out the blueprints to their trailers... lol... what I can do is give you their customer service number, and one of the techs should be able to help you out...
Phone: 541.962.6274
7am-4pm Mon-Fri Pacific Time

Ask for Service

I’m not sure if any one is in the office, the plant has been closed since February due to the COVID, but workers return to work next week.
No, I totally understand RE: Blueprints. I just thought it was the easiest way to explain what I kind of needed. Ha. But seriously, thank you so much for this information. I'll definitely give it a shot...I'm not in a hurry to do this, but since a former employee just dropped out of the sky, as it were - you! - ha, I had to ask!
I've just not been able to come up with other alternatives, and I don't want to go any higher on top, as I'm already 12' 4" up there.
Thanks again Sir! Stay Safe!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
No, I totally understand RE: Blueprints. I just thought it was the easiest way to explain what I kind of needed. Ha. But seriously, thank you so much for this information. I'll definitely give it a shot...I'm not in a hurry to do this, but since a former employee just dropped out of the sky, as it were - you! - ha, I had to ask!
I've just not been able to come up with other alternatives, and I don't want to go any higher on top, as I'm already 12' 4" up there.
Thanks again Sir! Stay Safe!
I am sure they can tell you what you need to know. I don’t have that information handy... I just stocked shelves.

Reactions: DaleRF