Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Something I never leave home without. I have a smaller one I always keep in my rig. But when I'm going out to hit the trails, I always take my MAC jump pack that offers up 1800 amps. I use this pack all the time to run slides in on 5th wheels, run auto leveling systems, jump a car, etc. I've been looking at the antigravity units.
Here's what I currently drag with me on the trails or long trips.

Here's what I'm considering. I've read good, and not so good reviews. But it would be nice to have a smaller unit for saving space. People have noted they have ran their laptops from them.
Does anyone have experience with this product? What other options would you recommend for being able to jump a vehicle if your car battery is dead on the trail?

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

gandrimp

Rank III

Advocate II

After reading several reviews for the xp=10, there's no way I would carry that in my set of wheels. I have never had any luck with battery packs either, they just never last very long.

Reactions: ShawnR

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I did a Lil review on my jumper. I don't know how to link it.

I've used mine and un fortunately sales mine all the time. It's jumped cars with 3 volts showing up on the battery.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I have one of those little guys. Charge my laptop, phone, gopro on it. Jumped my rig once when I drained the battery leaving the lights on. Jumped my friends M1008 Diesel with it too. Supposed to be able to get 4 jumps out of one charge but the M1008 killed the charge in one go. lol. Still works though.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I just prefer to have a very healthy dual battery setup. I have about 160 amp hours between my two AGM batteries with two separate isolators to protect the starter and aux batteries at different voltages.

I use a CTEK Multi US 7002 charger which I have the connection hardwired and the plug sticking out of my grill. I just plug it in when it sits in the garage and keeps the charge up on it. The ctek charger does some reconditioning to keep the batteries from sulfating and loosing capacity.

National luna makes a battery monitor that I have near my right leg that I can easily detatch.. so I can keep an eye on voltage from inside or outside.

I think people have found portable chargers very handy, but I just put my money towards the best onboard power I could get. AGM batts are a bit pricey and this charger was a little more than $100.

Lars

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wyldwood, TX
Member #

I just prefer to have a very healthy dual battery setup. I have about 160 amp hours between my two AGM batteries with two separate isolators to protect the starter and aux batteries at different voltages.

I use a CTEK Multi US 7002 charger which I have the connection hardwired and the plug sticking out of my grill. I just plug it in when it sits in the garage and keeps the charge up on it. The ctek charger does some reconditioning to keep the batteries from sulfating and loosing capacity.

National luna makes a battery monitor that I have near my right leg that I can easily detatch.. so I can keep an eye on voltage from inside or outside.

I think people have found portable chargers very handy, but I just put my money towards the best onboard power I could get. AGM batts are a bit pricey and this charger was a little more than $100.

I also intend to install a dual battery setup in my rig. In addition to a 130w Solar Panel on the tool box lid with solar charger.

However I do also carry a jump pack. The advantage here is when someone needs help restarting their vehicle, and they're not in a place you can easily pull up with jumper cables, the portable box is super handy. I do however realize in some cases space is at a premium, and not everyone has a 6.5' bed behind their cab they can fill with stuff :)

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Dual battery setup is something I'm aiming for someday. Just not a lot of room though under the hood. But I know people have done it with Wranglers. Hopefully someday I'll have the desire to tackle that project. Nice set up in the LR you have.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Dual battery setup is something I'm aiming for someday. Just not a lot of room though under the hood. But I know people have done it with Wranglers. Hopefully someday I'll have the desire to tackle that project. Nice set up in the LR you have.
The way I have seen it done in wranglers is by relocating the air box, which is something you would need to do if you added a snorkel... so going dual battery would be a logical excuse for adding a snorkel... :tonguewink:

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

The way I have seen it done in wranglers is by relocating the air box, which is something you would need to do if you added a snorkel... so going dual battery would be a logical excuse for adding a snorkel... :tonguewink:
This pretty much my argument for doing a 5.7 swap . :P

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Lol, I like the way you think. Now to convince the wife.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

If it were my wife, I might say, "dual battery setup is vital for ensuring safe returns from remote places. Not only will the second battery be able to power your iPad, curling iron and (insert non essential item that she thinks is essential) but it will be able to start the vehicle if the main battery fails. I will need to move the air box to do this. The most efficient method is with a snorkel. It's a minor trade off as the vehicle won't appear stock (make snorkel seam like a compromise) but that seems like the best route." Manipulative? Maybe a little. But it would work with my wife. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
If it were my wife, I might say, "dual battery setup is vital for ensuring safe returns from remote places. Not only will the second battery be able to power your iPad, curling iron and (insert non essential item that she thinks is essential) but it will be able to start the vehicle if the main battery fails. I will need to move the air box to do this. The most efficient method is with a snorkel. It's a minor trade off as the vehicle won't appear stock (make snorkel seam like a compromise) but that seems like the best route." Manipulative? Maybe a little. But it would work with my wife. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, awesome. I bow to the master. I have much to learn.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

I've got the Antigravity XP-10 and love it. So much smaller and lighter than my old jump pack. It holds a charge longer as well and it has a variety of connectors so I don't need really need jumper cables.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk