Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Rid
Last Name
Sumarna
Member #

I tapped out. My fuel pump gave out and thanks few other overbound fellas, Mike helped me down to Bridgeport by towing me.

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Looks like a great time with all those rigs! I was the only rig on my Friday trip, so I was able to blast through the road. Took about an hour total from Chemug to Bodie. Such a fun route with an amazing landmark at the end.

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
At Aurora cemetery if you guys walked around you might’ve noticed the Marden family, which lost six children. Four of them were lost in the span of about a week or so. I did some digging and found a backstory on them which is actually pretty interesting and the significant role they played in US history and our national parks system.

Last edited:

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

At Aurora cemetery if you guys walked around you might’ve noticed the Martin family, which lost six children. Four of them were lost in the span of about a week or so. I did some digging and found a backstory on them which is actually pretty interesting and the significant role they played in US history and our national parks system.

Thanks for sharing this. It's definitely fascinating to think about how many of these 'ghost towns' were once bustling. I'm always amused by the fact that Leadfield in Death Valley - itself founded on a fraud - grew to have its own post office. Those gold rush times were crazy.