JKU Interior Cargo Rack - AT/Teraflex/Vector

• HTML tutorial

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

I've done some searchin' and some researchin' and was just wondering what the OB group had to say about these options I've narrowed it down to.
Option#1 After ExpoEast this past weekend I got to look at a couple and am currently leaning towards the AT Overland Interior Rack. http://store.adventuretrailers.com/products/AT-Jeep-JK-interior-Cargo-Rack.html
Of course it's the most expensive...

Option #2 is the Vector Highland JK Platform. I've yet to see one of these in person, but I like the construction and mounting. https://vectoroffroad.com/collections/all/products/jk-highland-platform

Option#3 is Teraflex JK Wasatch Rear Cargo Rack, looks like it would be a total joy to assemble but gets good marks once installed. Least expensive. https://teraflex.com/shop_items/563ba7c005a25c5bb19c9976

What are y'alls thoughts and what are you using?
Thanks for the input in advance.

-SC

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I don;t have any input on those, but I do have this one from Rampage:

It's different than what you posted as it's a low mount shelf, vs those which will fit a fridge or whatever underneath. Quality is about what I expected, which is decent and usable, worth it for the price (IMO). That said, it has its issues.. First, the way it mounts, the strut that helps lift and hold the shelf causes it to tweak a little, so it cathes ever-so-slightly when lifting it. Also, the catches for the release (to lift it) come loose. It doesn't really affect anything though. Finally, when there is nothing on the shelf, it can rattle a bit over big bumps. Not a big deal, and could be addressed with some dense rubber floor covering attached to it, to dampen the sound.

20170708_070231.jpg

Reactions: Scarlet O Mikey

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Thanks for the input. I looked at the Rampage rack and I prefer the height that the others provide. Currently I sleep along the passenger side and need all the leg room I can get. And one day a fridge will ride on the driver side rear.

Reactions: Craig M

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Yeah, I thought that you might want the high ones. If I get a fridge it will probably go behind the driver's seat, where I keep our cooler right now. I will have to figure out a way to keep the folding function of the 60% rear seat and remove the skinny one though. Well, at least that is what I would want to do..

Last edited:
Reactions: mylilpwny

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

Take a look at ACE Fabrication. Great product and price. To me you cannot beat it

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Been considering these myself, also need to fit an ARB 50qt underneath, curious to see what folks think.

ntgbrl

Rank II

Advocate II

I have the AT Overland rack. It works well, but you are kinda limited in getting things to fit up there by the opening on the hardtop (other brands probably have the same issue).

wandering nomad

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

pnw
Member #

Cool, just curious, what has a tendency to come loose? We hit alot of washboard roads in our travels.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
i did not locktight the brackets that mount to the roll bar and they did come loose a little blue locktight fixed the problem. for the record there was supposed to locktight those...i did not on install......over all great rack

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
i did not locktight the brackets that mount to the roll bar and they did come loose a little blue locktight fixed the problem. for the record there was supposed to locktight those...i did not on install......over all great rack
Got it, thanks for the info!

bivouac.overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Syracuse, UT, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I bought and install the Teraflex rack for the mounting height options. Soon I will be installing a fridge and fridge slider.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

RescueRangers

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fleming Island, Fl
Member #

I have the Garvin rack.
DSCF0002.JPG
Picture shows it installed per instructions. its mounts to the bolts that secure the top with big beefy brackets. I ended up swapping the mounting from side to side and flipping them over to gain a little more height. I have an Engle 35L fridge mounted on a base plate that is a 1/2 inch thick and we still have about an inch to inch and a half between the fridge and rack. The spacing from the base plate to the bottom of the rack is about 17 1/2 inches. We normally throw our luggage on the rack without tying it down and everything stays put. Its a great rack.

John van Kints

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Canton, GA
Member #

I like the rampage cuz it allows you to swing it upright in case you need the height for luggage or so. I also sleep in the JKU and it provides ample space for your legs.

Donnymcq

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hailey, Idaho
Member #

I hope this isn't considered inappropriate, and it's not quite into production yet but hopefully in the next few weeks I will have it available. I'm starting a new business making accessories and this will be the first product, also not sure where the price will be for sure. I designed this because I wasn't happy with the options available. I've been using it for the last six months and I'm happy with it. The photos are of the first rough prototype and my (poorly) sewn bags. :) It can be used with the hinged tray or with the bags or both. The photos aren't great, but I'm getting there slowly. It won't work with soft tops but can be used with or without the hardtop on.image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

St8ton

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Salisbury, NC
Member #

Alright, after some time and additions...here is where I'm at currently. I've kinda pacified myself with the fridge enclosure, adding mounting tie downs to the top of it. I'm still real curious about the Vector shelf.