JKU and Hiker Trailer Build for Solo Alaska Trip

• HTML tutorial

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

My ARB frog is on an ARB slide and I'm happy with both. Been very reliable even through the Phoenix summers. Above the frig I have a door that conceals a 20X20 space.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_efb.jpg

Reactions: dj_mccomas

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

On the lower right I have my stove mounted on a 24-inch slide that is then mounted on another 24-inch slide. This takes up the least amount of space and affords the greatest level of usage. If I am somewhere for a couple of days I can simply remove one or both trays and place them on a table.UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_efd.jpg

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

Some previous build items. ARB lockers front and rear. Dual ARB compressor. Dual battery. Gobi rack, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers (old bumper ;shown in this picture). 10K winch. 3.5 lift.
IMG_0884.jpg

Reactions: SLO Rob

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

Custom decals. I like decals and could not find what I wanted to I purchased a vinyl cutter and the necessary software and am learning myself.
IMG_1414.jpgIMG_1415.jpg

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

Okay, so a little about Alaska. Planning a solo 10,000 to 12,000 mile trip from Phoenix, Arizona to most major points in Alaska while finding as much overloading opportunities along the way as I can. Plan on starting last week of April 2018. Have purchased a 5X9 Extreme Off-Road Hiker Trailer and having it made a little custom for this trip. Will install all electrical myself consisting of two 100-solar panels, a 2K inverter, 6-volt batteries, Climate Right AC/Heat.

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

Okay, just a little about me. I'm 58 and purchased my first Jeep three years ago and have loved all my time off-road and overloading. Made Moab three times now. Retired Marine Corps Chief Warrant Officer (that's why Gunner). Come from a Marine Family shown below with my older brother and older sister on the left, me in the middle, my wife to my right and my younger brother to the far right. Total we served 78 years for our beloved Corps.
Marine Family.jpg

Pitdog556

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lewes Delaware
Member #

semper fidelis Brother! Question would you have plans for that awesome rear cabinet you built. I am tackling that as my final JK project! Would love to see your parts list etc.. cheers and thanks to you and your families service. Because of you we can do what we do freely and passionately

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Avondale, Arizona
Member #

I will get these off to you this weekend. On a short overland from Flagstaff to Sedona, Arizona. Thanks for the post and Semper Fidelis to you also.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

When you go, you should start a trip thread. I'd love to follow along...