JK Tailgate Table

• HTML tutorial

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Just received my tailgate table from Front Runner Outfitters.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/chairs-tables/drop-down-table-mk11.html

Cannot wait to install this thing!! Plenty of table space, the slide-out cutting board is HUGE!! Bigger than any of the ones I have here at home. It's strong and stout and so far I am pretty impressed. Looked over the instructions, easy to read and install should be fairly easy.

Cooking outdoors just got a bit better for me. Cheers!!

(I will be posting install pics this weekend)

thumbnailll.jpg

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

@Daniel Diaz The capture nuts they send with the table arent very good. If you can, use 1/4-20 Nutserts instead. Most ACE hardware stores have them with little instal tools in the specialty bins.

The table DOES NOT rattle when installed but it does take some force to pull open. I have had one in the shop JKU for over a year and had no troubles except for the mounting hardware.

Bryan_FRO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Agoura Hills CA
Member #

Just received my tailgate table from Front Runner Outfitters.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/chairs-tables/drop-down-table-mk11.html

Cannot wait to install this thing!! Plenty of table space, the slide-out cutting board is HUGE!! Bigger than any of the ones I have here at home. It's strong and stout and so far I am pretty impressed. Looked over the instructions, easy to read and install should be fairly easy.

Cooking outdoors just got a bit better for me. Cheers!!

(I will be posting install pics this weekend)

View attachment 34912
Awesome! Let me know how the installation goes!

Bryan

Reactions: Daniel Diaz

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

So far, this is how my Chuck Wagon build is coming along. Just installed (FINALLY!!) my drop down table with cutting board from Front Runner Outfitters. Installation was fairly easy, but definitely needs a better and heavier duty anchoring system than what comes with the product. Other than that, install went smoothly. The table is VERY STURDY!! The table has sufficient table space for cooking, cutting, and prepping. The cutting board is large and durable.

I also purchased some Wolf Pack boxes from Front Runner Outfitters to hold pots, pans, and other cooking needs. The boxes are a hard heavy duty plastic. They are not thin or flimsy whatsoever!! I also purchased a taller lid for one of the Wolf Pack boxes for taller cooking items that I plan on taking with me during trips. The snap latch closures produce a loud "snap" when locked. So far, I'm very pleased with Front Runner Outfitter's products. Now just to test them out!!

2.jpge

Bryan_FRO

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Agoura Hills CA
Member #

So far, this is how my Chuck Wagon build is coming along. Just installed (FINALLY!!) my drop down table with cutting board from Front Runner Outfitters. Installation was fairly easy, but definitely needs a better and heavier duty anchoring system than what comes with the product. Other than that, install went smoothly. The table is VERY STURDY!! The table has sufficient table space for cooking, cutting, and prepping. The cutting board is large and durable.

I also purchased some Wolf Pack boxes from Front Runner Outfitters to hold pots, pans, and other cooking needs. The boxes are a hard heavy duty plastic. They are not thin or flimsy whatsoever!! I also purchased a taller lid for one of the Wolf Pack boxes for taller cooking items that I plan on taking with me during trips. The snap latch closures produce a loud "snap" when locked. So far, I'm very pleased with Front Runner Outfitter's products. Now just to test them out!!

View attachment 42207e
Looks awesome! Let me know if you have any issues with anything.

Bryan
Front Runner Outfitters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

How was the install? Looks super clean and am really digging it!
The install took maybe a good 20 minutes. Probably could've been faster with another pair of hands, but this was a solo project. As long as you can rest the table on something at the perfect height that you drilled the holes into your tailgate with, you're good to go. I actually went a bit more hardcore than what @Anchor Mtn mentioned above for anchoring (the system mentioned above would work just as well!!). I used a form tie system that's used for concrete walls (hardcore overkill). The table is very well made and very sturdy!! I highly recommend for it's quality and price. There are tailgate tables out there that are more expensive, but lack a really nice large cutting board. So far, I'm pretty pleased with this table!!

Reactions: WildBill

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Hey Dave,

We received a container yesterday and the drop down table is back in stock.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Bryan@FrontRunnerOutfitters.com

Bryan
Thanks Bryan! Interestingly enough a suspicious looking package arrived on my porch yesterday, going to be a good Christmas!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryan_FRO

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Got my table installed after one false start which required re-drilling holes in my tailgate. I only have myself to blame really, but I will share my experience so other's won't make the same mistake.

I was careful with measurements, avoiding spot welds in the tail gate etc, but managed to mount the table about 1/4 inch too high which caused the cutting board to hit the bulge in the tailgate when sliding it out with the table fully down. End of the world, no, but it's one of those things that would bug me so I elected to remount it lower. Also, if you have the subwoofer in your JK there isn't alot of leeway left to right between the subwoofer and the tailgate "bulge". I also elected to go with 1/4" -20 riv-nuts for the hardware as mentioned in an earlier post.

It doesn't rattle when closed but it does take quite a pull on it to deploy the table. I'm curious to see if my GF can actually open it!

Pics or it didn't happen right?

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Got my table installed after one false start which required re-drilling holes in my tailgate. I only have myself to blame really, but I will share my experience so other's won't make the same mistake.

I was careful with measurements, avoiding spot welds in the tail gate etc, but managed to mount the table about 1/4 inch too high which caused the cutting board to hit the bulge in the tailgate when sliding it out with the table fully down. End of the world, no, but it's one of those things that would bug me so I elected to remount it lower. Also, if you have the subwoofer in your JK there isn't alot of leeway left to right between the subwoofer and the tailgate "bulge". I also elected to go with 1/4" -20 riv-nuts for the hardware as mentioned in an earlier post.

It doesn't rattle when closed but it does take quite a pull on it to deploy the table. I'm curious to see if my GF can actually open it!

Pics or it didn't happen right?

I almost ran into the same mistake with the cutting board and that tailgate "bulge." Luckily the holes I drilled were just low enough to be able to pullout my cutting board. *Insert frustrated face* Haha!!

But overall, your table looks great!! Especially that lighter tone. Mine came in a reddish-brown tone. Now to test it out this weekend.

Reactions: dstock

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Not a Jeep install, but something of interest to anyone that wants more counter space in their camp kitchen. I'm in the middle of a "remodel" and this is phase one. New cooler slide and fold-down table. This will be used for firing up the JetBoil for tea, making sandwiches or anytime I need a flat surface to work on. Next up is the stove slide and cookware storage.

Had the "bracket" fabricated by James at Steel Feathers Welding in Oregon City

Bracket.jpg
35 Qt Engel locked down with turnbuckles holds the table in place.

Installed.jpg
When the cooler slide is extended the table can be deployed, as can the cutting board underneath. The mount is fairly rigid and rattle is limited to the cutting board at this time.... I'll be working on that.

OpenTable.jpg

Last edited: