hallsy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver
First Name
jeff
Last Name
hall
I'm looking for a roof rack that is low profile but still hard and soft top friendly. Looking to put a tent on it so needs to have good load capacity. Right now I'm really liking what frontrunner has to offer but would be limited to bikini top and not full soft stop.

Also looking for suggestions on a good all around rooftop tent. i live in CO so it needs to be able to take a beating.

Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
I was in the same boat last summer. If you have the dual tops like I have then I think gobi with the tilt was the answer. I went with the rhino. And backbone set up. But no tent with the soft top. Rugged ridge has the soft top and rack all in one but then there goes the hard top. I thought I saw pics of the Maximus rhino rack that was able to be used with out the hard top since it mounts to the roll bar but then a lot of people ran into leaks along with the aev rhino version. So with that who knows lol.

hallsy

Rank 0

Contributor I

Denver
First Name
jeff
Last Name
hall
thank you for the reply. the Maximus is very similar to the front runner. Not huge fan of the cage racks like the gobi but it is one of the lower profile ones i have seen yet, thank you again.

Reactions: Fellow Jeeper

Tupenny

Rank V
Investor

Pathfinder I

Longwood, Florida
First Name
Boulder
Last Name
Dash
Member #

I’m looking for a low profile rack for my soft top as well. I really enjoy being able to drop the top (and get it back up) without too much trouble. So far, I keep coming back to Gobi, however it’s def the most expensive and there is a 2-3 month delivery wait reported my OB members consistently.