Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Builds

• HTML tutorial
Better than stock performance but not over-rev'd or "shifty". We run all over CO/UT with it... much of the time with one of our trailers in tow and it performs exceptionally.

Thanks for the information. That sounds good to me. The stock power and gearing does seem weak when going up steep hills.

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

The sPod is great. It isolates all the lights, and helps preserve my batteries. I use the sPod for low importance stuff. Hi hi importance stuff goes directly to my Genesis. I never have to worry about not starting.
Hey Jeff can you post a few pics of your Genesis and how you have it set up please?
I’m looking at Genesis for my LJ and our new Taco.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Dur66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I’m currently looking at either the Genesis or the National Luna system for my 16 Wrangler. Has anyone out there looked at the differences between the two?
Durwin

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Hey Jeff can you post a few pics of your Genesis and how you have it set up please?
I’m looking at Genesis for my LJ and our new Taco.
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
This was a simple, but time consuming install. The Genesis system provides everything you need to install. I added several of the assesories: the G Screen with preasure senser. This all mounts in the sPod in the cab.
IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I’m currently looking at either the Genesis or the National Luna system for my 16 Wrangler. Has anyone out there looked at the differences between the two?
Durwin

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I have used both. The national Luna has all the electrical components needed, but you still need to figure out how to mount the batteries. The Genesis provides everything, including the tray, as a kit.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Which sPod unit is it tied to? Does it always use both batteries or can you use a selector switch? Also, did you have to put in a larger alternator?

http://www.4x4spod.com/product_p/630-07.htm

It uses both batteries until they get low, then it isolates the starter. The web site has some great videos that explain in detail how it works.

No need for a larger alternator.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Hey Jeff are you using any type of charger to maintain the batteries while not driving. I was told by two companies that AGM batteries will accept a bulk charge from the vehicle while running but they need that slow charge to complete the charge to full voltage.

Thanks

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Hey Jeff are you using any type of charger to maintain the batteries while not driving. I was told by two companies that AGM batteries will accept a bulk charge from the vehicle while running but they need that slow charge to complete the charge to full voltage.

Thanks
This has not been my experience with the Genesis. The G Screen allows me to monitor the charge on both batteries independently. I will arrive at a camp spot with both batteries Fully charged at 14.2. Running led lights, charging lamps/phones, ARB frig, etc... At the end of a long weekend camping, my house battery will often be a little low, but starter is still charged (12.7). I do intend to add solar panels with a charger, to extend my base camp time. Only needed since I started to use my ARB frig. Before that, I could go a week without starting the vehicle. I'm sure a multistage charger would improve my battery life, and is a much better solution. Up to this point, I have not felt the need for this upgrade. The smart Isolator built into the Genesis, (it automatically handles all charging functions), meets my needs.

If you are considering the Genesis duel battery system, their site has lots of good info. The owner takes calls, if you have questions.

I hope this helps.

canadianoverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Whitehorse, YT, Canada
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
and Laurie
Member #

This has not been my experience with the Genesis. The G Screen allows me to monitor the charge on both batteries independently. I will arrive at a camp spot with both batteries Fully charged at 14.2. Running led lights, charging lamps/phones, ARB frig, etc... At the end of a long weekend camping, my house battery will often be a little low, but starter is still charged (12.7). I do intend to add solar panels with a charger, to extend my base camp time. Only needed since I started to use my ARB frig. Before that, I could go a week without starting the vehicle. I'm sure a multistage charger would improve my battery life, and is a much better solution. Up to this point, I have not felt the need for this upgrade. The smart Isolator built into the Genesis, (it automatically handles all charging functions), meets my needs.

If you are considering the Genesis duel battery system, their site has lots of good info. The owner takes calls, if you have questions.

I hope this helps.
Awesome, thanks much Jeff!

Reactions: Chris

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
Thanks f

I hope this helps.
Thanks for sharing your experiance. Im still on the fence about how to with a dual setup.

Dur66

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

The only thing I didn't really like about the Genesis is that you have to get out of the vehicle in order to go to the auxiliary battery if the starting battery was too low. But that's just nit picking.
Durwin

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
The only thing I didn't really like about the Genesis is that you have to get out of the vehicle in order to go to the auxiliary battery if the starting battery was too low. But that's just nit picking.
Durwin
If you use the G Screen with the Genesis, you can manage the system from the cab. This allowed you to combine the two batteries, if the starter is low.

S

SubeeBen

4B04AE63-D60E-4F63-A012-FFA9AB448F20.jpeg F9A39D39-9E9B-455B-B976-4DC68AF28082.jpeg I love overland bound but I have to say thank god something finally about Jeeps bought in April 2017 added 2.5” teraflex lift, smittybilt rack, tuffstuff front winch plate,+ 10,500 lb winch,lights,cb, rear drawers (diy) and waiting for wife’s tires to wear down(in the background) so I can swap out stock tires for 285’s. Along with a few more upgrades . I’m about 75% done with build but does it honestly ever end , I think not . Thank you for starting this post !!! Let’s see more fellow jeepers post their rigs

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
I’ve got a 2014 Sahara
-Tera44 front axel
-RCV axels
-Mopar big brake kit front
-ARB front and rear bumpers
-Warn Zenon 10S
-ARB Intensity lights
-SPod