Jeep Wrangler 4xe

• Thread starter Deleted member 43520
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial
I’ve had my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe for right at 2 months now and I love it!!! Any other OB members get the 4xe yet? I’m not a hard core, full time overlander…but I am building this as an “overland” rig vs a rock crawler, or any other category. Just thought we could use this thread to share pics, tips, experiences, etc… on the 4xe for overlanding.

Attachments

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Nice to see a plugin hybrid.
I think would have great potential for overlanding if you can access the huge battery to power fridges and stuff.
Is there a plug that is powered by the large battery ? It would save a lot of space not to have to carry a completely separated aux battery system with solar, etc..

Nice to see a plugin hybrid.
I think would have great potential for overlanding if you can access the huge battery to power fridges and stuff.
Is there a plug that is powered by the large battery ? It would save a lot of space not to have to carry a completely separated aux battery system with solar, etc..
There is no plug that connects directly to the high voltage battery. However, the high voltage battery will charge and maintain the 12-volt battery under the hood. So you can use any of the plugs or wire directly to the 12-volt battery and as soon as it discharges to a certain threshold, the high voltage battery kicks in to charge and maintain the 12-volt battery. So it's essentially the same as running off the high voltage, it's just got the 12-volt as the "middle man".

Reactions: leeloo

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

My wife is thinking about getting a 4xe. We looked last week but the local dealer had them marked up $10K over MSRP and also had additional charges for Nitrogen tire fill and GPS tracker. We laughed and walked away.

Reactions: benmmc

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

There is no plug that connects directly to the high voltage battery. However, the high voltage battery will charge and maintain the 12-volt battery under the hood. So you can use any of the plugs or wire directly to the 12-volt battery and as soon as it discharges to a certain threshold, the high voltage battery kicks in to charge and maintain the 12-volt battery. So it's essentially the same as running off the high voltage, it's just got the 12-volt as the "middle man".
That is great stuff - basically you don't need to bother with aux battery system, solar or anything else if you plan just to power a fridge and small things like this. Win for the plug in hybrid.
Now I am almost sorry I did not ordered the plug in LR defender, what held me back was the unknown delivery date, I was told it can even take a year...
Maybe next one, down the road a few years.

My wife is thinking about getting a 4xe. We looked last week but the local dealer had them marked up $10K over MSRP and also had additional charges for Nitrogen tire fill and GPS tracker. We laughed and walked away.
Yeah, I've been seeing a lot about that online. I was really lucky and got mine right before all this dealer mark up and chip shortage stuff that's going on now.