Jeep Truck Photos Released. Who will be the first overlander with one?

• HTML tutorial

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I will absolutely be putting an order in for a Rubicon with diesel once they open it up! Been waiting!

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

Naw, it'll never happen. Case in point - Land Rovers lol
You may be right. But that would be a bad thing for Jeep. They could build a quality product if the market demanded it.

I'm going to be in the market for a new rig in the next year or so. For the money, I'll either build a CJ from the aftermarket or greymarket an earlier-model Defender.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

You may be right. But that would be a bad thing for Jeep. They could build a quality product if the market demanded it.

I'm going to be in the market for a new rig in the next year or so. For the money, I'll either build a CJ from the aftermarket or greymarket an earlier-model Defender.
I've traditionally been a Mopar guy - my family had Chryslers and Dodge's for a long time. I loved my 2006 Charger, but I'm not so sure about the jeeps. They're very cool, but the one I test drove seemed extremely "cheap" for a $60,000 price tag. Plus the steering seemed kinda dodgy and vague, but that was the first live axle front and rear vehicle I've driven, so it may just be the nature of the beast.

Reactions: Lunch Box

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

I'm not so sure about the jeeps. They're very cool, but the one I test drove seemed extremely "cheap" for a $60,000 price tag.
Testify.

wp2zve5eexalkuxeuwpw.png

That weld looks like a farmer with a crackerbox stitched it together. And this is on a flagship vehicle on display at an auto show. Add to that the fact that FCA is covering frame weld issues on a case-by-case basis only AFTER they break. I wish the weld above was the worst one I've seen. I thought the spontaneous combustion issues on the JK were the all-time low, but the current frame issues on the JL/JT is the second round, IMS, after a round of steering boxes breaking free.
This isn't some multi-million dollar fix, it's just doing some basic QC on the welding. We have a right to demand better on a 50-60k vehicle.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Yeah, the Rubicon I looked at and test drove on the dealership lot didn't even have it's oil pan protected with a skid plate. It had other skid plates, but the oil pan was just hanging there. I commented that I was a bit surprised by that, and the sales guy was like, "Yeah, you could always bolt on an aftermarket one." Seriously? I really don't think I should have to shell out extra bucks on a $60,000 Rubicon for something as basic as a skid plate over the oil pan...

Reactions: Lunch Box