Jeep Owners Represent!

• HTML tutorial

Homeguy

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Calgary, AB
View attachment 32042
my 2014 Rubicon in Moab on the crack and golden spike at midnight. This trail is completely different in the dark. we finished at 6 am...wife was not happy. Lots of modifications to my jeep, as I like to challenge myself, but don't like to be stranded...
Moab is a different animal at night. A buddy and I did a trail at night last year. Kinda scary at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mtntrekker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hurricane, UT
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Bauer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0THS
IMG_1298.JPG 2010 JKU on Sevenmile Rim, Moab, UT. AEV bumper, wheels and 3 1/2 lift on 315 Goodyear Duratracs. 5:12 gears with axles sleeved. Rear bumber is an Expedition One with high lift jack, 4 gal rotapax and krazy beaver shovel. ARB compressor under the hood.

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
My '85 CJ7 Renegade. It was my first car. I've owned it for the past 28 years and have done more harm than good through the years. Even in this picture, which isn't super recent, it was in better shape then than it is now. Rodents have gotten to the electrical, so that's my current project. Anyway, I still love it!

professorkx

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

My '85 CJ7 Renegade. It was my first car. I've owned it for the past 28 years and have done more harm than good through the years. Even in this picture, which isn't super recent, it was in better shape then than it is now. Rodents have gotten to the electrical, so that's my current project. Anyway, I still love it!

IMHO, the CJ7 was the best platform of all the CJs. ironically, when they were introduced, they were seen as a red headed step child to the CJ5. I had one with the V8 and auto, and it was a great rig. Didn't know what I had until later in life...

Reactions: Jimmy P

Jimmy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Duncan, OK, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5JLP
IMHO, the CJ7 was the best platform of all the CJs. ironically, when they were introduced, they were seen as a red headed step child to the CJ5. I had one with the V8 and auto, and it was a great rig. Didn't know what I had until later in life...
I can say I definitely love the platform. I've been in all different models of jeep, and owned a couple of other models myself, and I just can't ever see anything replacing it. Not that there aren't better options, but this just seems to do everything well enough for me, and there is a huge sentimental tie. Many life lessons have been learned behind it's wheel. That said, hindsight being 20/20 and all, I would have done many of the things I have very differently. Early on I simply didn't know what I was doing, nor did I know what I wanted. After all, I was younger than 16 when I started "modding". Trying to be macho and a significant amount of hubris certainly had a negative impact on it. Live and learn. Hopefully my current attempt at refreshing it will lead to great things.

Reactions: 9Mike2

AdvOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Clarksville, TN
Member #

I upgraded over the weekend. Sold my 01 Sahara and got a 2013 Rubicon JKU. Now I gotta get up to speed on the JK platform.

The 01 was a toy. The 2013 is a daily driver and overland adventure toy. Looking forward to modding it for that purpose.

If anyone has any tips or absolutely must do type items for a 2013 Rubi with the 3.6 motor, please let me know. She's stock at this point. I'm all ears!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Linusb212

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

2000 XJ , 322k miles, 2" lift, 225/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler STs, Rock Hard front recovery bumper, Garvin off-road roof rack

1994 YJ. 180,000 miles. 6" lift, 35" KM2s, rear LSD 8.8 front D30 with Aussie locker. Home made bumpers with old school Ramsey 8000 worm gear winch. Rust free.

Before photos of each when I bought them:

Tucked away:

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk