Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Almost pulled the trigger on one of these, like the idea of all the room! Who knows may still come back later and pick one up.
The extra room is not as much as you might think, the QD2 and Hemi are what sold me. But you'd probably be really disappointed in the aftermarket support on these especially coming from an XJ.

Reactions: Hollywood2979

Hollywood2979

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The extra room is not as much as you might think, the QD2 and Hemi are what sold me. But you'd probably be really disappointed in the aftermarket support on these especially coming from an XJ.
That was another factor, I had a Liberty that was going to be a project vehicle, but had virtually no product support, I can do allot of fab work, but the suspension choices were very limited, unless I wanted to get into axle swaps, which I don't.

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

Yep...we have a couple vendors so it can be done, but it isn't cheap. (I suppose none of it is...) Honestly, I needed a V8 to tow the boat, and I went for the 4.7L in my '08. Beefed up engine and flex fuel capable...but that leaves me with the QTII not the QDII. If I ever need more, I'll put the ARB Locker in the rear and call it good.

Mine may go to college with my daughter in 18 mos...so we'll see what happens. I'm kinda hoping that Jeep builds out that Renegade Commander concept, but we'll just have to see. A new Cherokee TH could be fun too. (Great rebates on them right now.)

And yes, the interior room is terrible for the size. If you're a tall family...this isn't the Jeep for you.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
That was another factor, I had a Liberty that was going to be a project vehicle, but had virtually no product support, I can do allot of fab work, but the suspension choices were very limited, unless I wanted to get into axle swaps, which I don't.
Suspension is actually covered pretty well for this truck between Bilstein, ARB, Superlift, etc. It's the fabrication that's lacking. At times there have been zero companies making bumpers for it. At the moment there is one. Same goes for skids, rock rails, etc. I'm hoping that the few companies making these pieces are still doing so by the time I can afford to buy them.

If not I'm coming to you ;)

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Yep...we have a couple vendors so it can be done, but it isn't cheap. (I suppose none of it is...) Honestly, I needed a V8 to tow the boat, and I went for the 4.7L in my '08. Beefed up engine and flex fuel capable...but that leaves me with the QTII not the QDII. If I ever need more, I'll put the ARB Locker in the rear and call it good.

Mine may go to college with my daughter in 18 mos...so we'll see what happens. I'm kinda hoping that Jeep builds out that Renegade Commander concept, but we'll just have to see. A new Cherokee TH could be fun too. (Great rebates on them right now.)

And yes, the interior room is terrible for the size. If you're a tall family...this isn't the Jeep for you.
Like I was just saying, hopefully WAM and 4xG are still making bumpers and skids by the time I can afford them haha.

My 1st jeep but come from a family of jeep owners. Mine is a 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk.View attachment 25701 View attachment 25702
We have a '14 KL TH too and it is actually really friggin awesome to drive. Can't wait for the stock shocks to go so I can justify lifting it.

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Varthn

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Qd2 is that little magic that has made me never get stuck. The aftermarket support is starting to grow or at least people are figuring out how to modify the stuff already out there to make it work. There's a company that make bumpers finally. I'm the small one on the right. These are some of the most heavily modified commanders right now. This is at the overland trail meet in Nc a few weekends ago.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk