SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
Looking to do a dual battery setup in my 08 jkur. Something that will take the place of my ecoflow delta and will obviously charge on the run and with solar. Anyone have a setup in a jeep they’d like to share or just any non vehicle specific feedback is also welcome. Favorite brands, best warranty, best customer service, etc.. Thanks!

Hernandez59

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Buckeye, AZ, USA
First Name
Emilio
Last Name
Hernandez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7KFQ / WRMB843
Service Branch
Army
Hey, I just started to do mine. I picked up a smitybilt dual battery rack. Installed it in my 07 jk 2dr. One red top oltima Battery for primary vehicle power and a yellow top for auxiliary . I have it rigged to a power switch in cab. The aux will battery power my refrigerator, external lights,water pump for my kitchen water. Im going to add an outlet and usb ports. But so far I've only added the battery's, solenoid and the equipment relays bank. So I'd like to send pictures but I got my betty at my daughter's place. HO a wont let us work on rigs ,

Reactions: SKMayers

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Hey, I just started to do mine. I picked up a smitybilt dual battery rack. Installed it in my 07 jk 2dr. One red top oltima Battery for primary vehicle power and a yellow top for auxiliary . I have it rigged to a power switch in cab. The aux will battery power my refrigerator, external lights,water pump for my kitchen water. Im going to add an outlet and usb ports. But so far I've only added the battery's, solenoid and the equipment relays bank. So I'd like to send pictures but I got my betty at my daughter's place. HO a wont let us work on rigs ,
Would love some pics and a quick write up on this if you have time.

Last edited:

DirtyDana30

Rank II

Contributor II

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Wardlaw
Member #

Looking to do a dual battery setup in my 08 jkur. Something that will take the place of my ecoflow delta and will obviously charge on the run and with solar. Anyone have a setup in a jeep they’d like to share or just any non vehicle specific feedback is also welcome. Favorite brands, best warranty, best customer service, etc.. Thanks!
I ran the factory battery up front and added a lithium battery in the back to run my gear. I figure the charging cable could be longer so I could hook up my fridge and other accessories closer to the power source. Just my two sense.

DaveD

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Sacramento, California. USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6GMX
I'm running a Genesis Offroad dual battery (2X Odyessy 34-1500 AGM) set up on my 2016 JK. Primarily for my Dometic CFX3-45 while on the trails and/or camping. Second battery powers my winch, lockers, and twin air compressor. And sometimes used to power my HF radio while stationary.
IMG_20230917_145827.jpg

Last edited:

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

Why change from the EcoFlow, they can be wired in to charge straight from the truck and they are totally portable. I now have a Bluetti AC60 which also allows me to add extra battery packs. With solar and connected to the Jeep our kept us fully powered over 3 weeks across Europe, generally with stops that were 2 nights each time.

SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
Why change from the EcoFlow, they can be wired in to charge straight from the truck and they are totally portable. I now have a Bluetti AC60 which also allows me to add extra battery packs. With solar and connected to the Jeep our kept us fully powered over 3 weeks across Europe, generally with stops that were 2 nights each time.
We were on the road for several hours at a time from louisian to pennsylvanis with the ecoflow powering our fridge and being charged from the accesory port in our jeep. After some time it was blowing the jeep's fuse. I thought that was odd and figured there was too much of a demand for charging that overwhelmed the stock jeep wiring. So I decided that building a better system that will be more powerful and wont run out of juice if I can't get solar to it while camping. Some areas we camp in have too much shade to have an effective charging session. One less thing to pack too :-). I haven't 100% decided yet that's why i'm looking at all the great ideas and comments here. Thanks!

OverlandFaction

Rank VIII
Investor

Pioneer II

United Kingdom
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Quince
Member #

We were on the road for several hours at a time from louisian to pennsylvanis with the ecoflow powering our fridge and being charged from the accesory port in our jeep. After some time it was blowing the jeep's fuse. I thought that was odd and figured there was too much of a demand for charging that overwhelmed the stock jeep wiring. So I decided that building a better system that will be more powerful and wont run out of juice if I can't get solar to it while camping. Some areas we camp in have too much shade to have an effective charging session. One less thing to pack too :-). I haven't 100% decided yet that's why i'm looking at all the great ideas and comments here. Thanks!
Its quite easy to fix the Ecoflow charging, you need to run a hard line from the battery to the rear, but also add a step up DC to DC charger..

So here is food for thought.

The Delta has 1200wh of storage this is effectively 100ah of Lithium or 200ah of Lead Acid. The max input it will draw is 400w from the solar port. If you were to install a 12 to 24 or 12 to 48 400w DC to DC supply with a direct feed to the battery, then you could charge the unit fully from empty in 3.5 hours.

For example - Victron Orion 12/24 20A 12V to 24V DC-DC Converter Non Isolated - Low Energy Supermarket

The problem with all the power stations is they need more than 12v's to charge effectively from there PV port.

All you really need is to sort the supply side.

SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
Y
Its quite easy to fix the Ecoflow charging, you need to run a hard line from the battery to the rear, but also add a step up DC to DC charger..

So here is food for thought.

The Delta has 1200wh of storage this is effectively 100ah of Lithium or 200ah of Lead Acid. The max input it will draw is 400w from the solar port. If you were to install a 12 to 24 or 12 to 48 400w DC to DC supply with a direct feed to the battery, then you could charge the unit fully from empty in 3.5 hours.

For example - Victron Orion 12/24 20A 12V to 24V DC-DC Converter Non Isolated - Low Energy Supermarket

The problem with all the power stations is they need more than 12v's to charge effectively from there PV port.

All you really need is to sort the supply side.
Yea. I have alot to learn about electronics. I also don't like the fact that the 12 volt power port on the delta used to run our fridge is on the AC side instead of the DC side which I always thought was odd. Very interesting points you mentioned here. I'll look into it. Thank you

dboy

Rank III

Traveler III

Oregon
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Jaquith
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7LDA
I'm running a Genesis Offroad dual battery (2X Odyessy 34-1500 AGM) set up on my 2016 JK. Primarily for my Dometic CFX3-45 while on the trails and/or camping. Second battery powers my winch, lockers, and twin air compressor. And sometimes used to power my HF radio while stationary.
View attachment 266227
I'm running the same one and love it. Buy once, Cry once

Reactions: SKMayers and DaveD

SKMayers

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Gonzales, LA 70737, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
mayers
OK. So as inexperienced as I am in this subject and considering all the great comments and suggestions, this is what I went with. Two Li time 12v 100 ah batteries wired together in the back of the jeep to my accessory block that i installed in the old infinity sub box after removing the speaker. I connected these two batteries with heavy gauge wire to my starter battery with an isolator in between. Ran the positive in my frame and the negative on the top of the frame by the main wiring harness and up thru the drain hole in the jack compartment. It actually worked when i turned it all on and is charging via the alternator when the jeep is running. I'm so excited I did all this on my own with a little guidance by the local stereo shop in town. Now we're off to arkansas to test it out and see how it does!

Reactions: jeepers29