Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Hi guys,

Just finished building a simple kitchen system in the trunk.

Drawer with stove, water supply and cooler. Box on top for all dry foods, gas canister goes behind the water and room for some other stuff. Table and some small stuff fits underneath.
The rest of the gear will be on the folded down back seats.. took me about 6 hours to put it together and make changes along the build.
Not the biggest build but maybe interesting for people with smaller vehicles and not fully built rigs :).

Still gotta come up with something to tie it all down.

3 week trip thru Norway coming up :) super excited cause it's my first trip!

Thanks!IMG-20190501-WA0006.jpeg20190501_164504.jpeg20190501_170523.jpeg20190501_170653.jpeg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi guys,

Drawer with stove, water supply and cooler. Box on top for all dry foods, gas canister goes behind the water and room for some other stuff. Table and some small stuff fits underneath.
The rest of the gear will be on the folded down back seats.. took me about 6 hours to put it together and make changes along the build.
Not the biggest build but maybe interesting for people with smaller vehicles and not fully built rigs :).

Thanks!View attachment 96144View attachment 96145View attachment 96146View attachment 96147
Looks great! I plan on doing this with my P38 Range Rover. Thanks for the inspiration.

Reactions: Laurensvh

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Looks great! I plan on doing this with my P38 Range Rover. Thanks for the inspiration.
Very welcome. That's the idea :).
Still thinking if I should paint it. Would look great in black I guess. Would blend in more with interior.. one tip, place all the gear in the space before you start making a sketch of what u gonna build. Probably will change along the way but it gives a good idea what to put where.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Very welcome. That's the idea :).
Still thinking if I should paint it. Would look great in black I guess. Would blend in more with interior.. one tip, place all the gear in the space before you start making a sketch of what u gonna build. Probably will change along the way but it gives a good idea what to put where.
Yeah. I'll probably carpet mine. I also want to do 2 drawers (one with the stove) to create more storage on top. I have considerably more room than you though. I have a cargo area cover that will go about 9 inches above the top of the box, so I will 2 levels of cargo area. Great for keeping eyes out.

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

2 drawers was my idea first as well but I would lose to much space (compact car) and the front runner box fits perfectly on top (by accident XD ) so I thought 'why go thru the hassle for the extra drawer :p. Looking for bigger rig in a few years.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

AT71

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
FOOBICON
Hi guys,

Thanks!View attachment 96144View attachment 96145View attachment 96146View attachment 96147
Great use of the space....I need to sketch something up for my Grand Cherokee. awesome build!

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Hey guys!

Made some improvements today. Extra 'drawer' platform to create a little work space, glued a sheet of aluminium on top to keep it clean, and a fold down platform in front of the cooler to keep some small stuff from flying backwards and to have someplace to put some stuff instead of on de bumper below.
Also made some tie down point and used bungees for the most part. Made a test run over bumps and thru corners and everything stayed in place. Except for the drawer with the stove.. installed a sliding lock to keep it back, (it kept banging when accelerating and braking :) ).
Think that's about it.

Also installed an extra fire extinguisher.. safety first!

The adventure begins this Saturday.. I'll keep everyone posted (if I can ;) ).20190520_125426.jpeg20190520_125641.jpegIMG-20190520-WA0006.jpeg