Launch Member

Member II

Newark, Oh
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Darling
Member #

Yes, I built mine from scratch. If your axle capacity is enough, you can change hubs instead of the whole axle. Good luck, Ron

RCJEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salkum, WA
Member #

Yes, I built mine from scratch. If your axle capacity is enough, you can change hubs instead of the whole axle. Good luck, Ron
I was thinking about that. I was also looking at the Dexter axle with the five lug from Tractor Supply as well. I think that would be a simple swap and with the rating weight it would be more than enough. More research before I make a decision. Thank you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

GABEHERNANDEZ

Rank I

Traveler II

I was thinking about that. I was also looking at the Dexter axle with the five lug from Tractor Supply as well. I think that would be a simple swap and with the rating weight it would be more than enough. More research before I make a decision. Thank you

Hey RC would it be possible to do a trailer walk around? Your trailer looks like something I might want to build. What are the dimensions? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

RCJEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salkum, WA
Member #

Hey RC would it be possible to do a trailer walk around? Your trailer looks like something I might want to build. What are the dimensions? Thanks

I didn't actually get around to shooting a walk around video yet. My trailer is a Coleman Columbia tent trailer frame. I resized and reinforced the frame and flipped the axle. The top is 5 sheets of plywood to make the 4x8 box. The bottom and walls are 3/4" while the top is 1/2 inch. Basically it's a box on wheels lol. I went to the salvage yard and picked up two matching windows and a cargo door. The cargo door was the hard part in trying to find the right size uhh. The bottom I coated with Flexx Gard from Tractor Supply and the exterior is coated with Kliz Over Armor Textured. In hind sight, I wish I would have pre filled the screw holes coz I thought the Over Armor would. It did not in some areas. I have 10 coats of Over Armor covering it. The interior, I bought mineral oil and coated all the exposed wood. In total I think I have about 500 to 600 into it. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: GABEHERNANDEZ

GABEHERNANDEZ

Rank I

Traveler II

I didn't actually get around to shooting a walk around video yet. My trailer is a Coleman Columbia tent trailer frame. I resized and reinforced the frame and flipped the axle. The top is 5 sheets of plywood to make the 4x8 box. The bottom and walls are 3/4" while the top is 1/2 inch. Basically it's a box on wheels lol. I went to the salvage yard and picked up two matching windows and a cargo door. The cargo door was the hard part in trying to find the right size uhh. The bottom I coated with Flexx Gard from Tractor Supply and the exterior is coated with Kliz Over Armor Textured. In hind sight, I wish I would have pre filled the screw holes coz I thought the Over Armor would. It did not in some areas. I have 10 coats of Over Armor covering it. The interior, I bought mineral oil and coated all the exposed wood. In total I think I have about 500 to 600 into it. Hope this helps :)

Yes it does. Thank you. Qustion, Do you think the 4x8 is to narrow for two adults? And still waiting to see the trailer. Thanks.

RCJEEP

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salkum, WA
Member #

Yes it does. Thank you. Qustion, Do you think the 4x8 is to narrow for two adults? And still waiting to see the trailer. Thanks.

I chose 4x8 because it fits nicely behind the Jeep with no wind resistance and fits the Jeep trails. If your a big guy like me and your partner is small then it's snuggle up time. It all depends on what you want. Either way it's quite comfortable :)