Investor

Advocate III

Glendale, CA, USA
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Arteaga
Member #

Our Lower 805 | 818 Group invites you to a meet/1 night of overlanding in the Sequoia National Forrest via Jawbone Canyon Loop. We are looking for a couple more rigs to join our small group of like minded individuals. Join us in this short trip to meet, greet, share, and plan following trail events.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Narbob

Yaniv05

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA, USA
First Name
Yaniv
Last Name
Waisman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HSJ
Hi. Do you still have space for one more? I have a project I need to finish and if I do, I would love to join you guys.

sportsguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camarillo CA
First Name
duane
Last Name
forrester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GYI
The local weather maps show a possibility of snow! :D
Are chains required?
Doubt chains would be needed, BUT who knows. I don’t have any, so won’t be planning to use any. Then again, I grew up driving through Canadian winters, so maybe don’t follow me! LOL

Reactions: Yaniv05

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Doubt chains would be needed, BUT who knows. I don’t have any, so won’t be planning to use any. Then again, I grew up driving through Canadian winters, so maybe don’t follow me! LOL
I learned to drive in the snow in CO. It says about 3 to 5 inches, so, I'm not too worried about it.

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Just checked the Weather channel...50 mph gusts and snow flurries...Whaaa Whooo!!! Gonna be a fun night LOL I'm going to be over prepared for the cold and wind!

sportsguy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camarillo CA
First Name
duane
Last Name
forrester
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GYI
Yup! Pack for warmth guys. IMO, cannot have too many cold weather layers. This is gonna get a bit adventurous!

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Absolutely AMAZING guys!!! Once again we have gone and done something outrageously fun! Yeah, it was nose drippin' cold, but most of us stayed plenty warm enough and still managed to love the scenery and enjoy the company...Thanx Guys!!!

LanderGoat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Glendale, CA, USA
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Arteaga
Member #

Thank you guys for making this trip a very enjoyable one even tho the weather challenged us. I can tell that this group of people will not shy away from adventure and will take care of each other even in challenging times. Thank you all for offering eachother anything anyone needed to keep comfort. Thanks for sharing your food, your firewood and your deep and intelectual conversations. I know I can be forward and I am apologizing if I said anything to offend anyone. I hope this is not the last trip this group takes and I look forward to many more expeditions.

Cheers.

R
IMG_3064.jpg

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Thank you guys for making this trip a very enjoyable one even tho the weather challenged us. I can tell that this group of people will not shy away from adventure and will take care of each other even in challenging times. Thank you all for offering eachother anything anyone needed to keep comfort. Thanks for sharing your food, your firewood and your deep and intelectual conversations. I know I can be forward and I am apologizing if I said anything to offend anyone. I hope this is not the last trip this group takes and I look forward to many more expeditions.

Cheers.

R
View attachment 176254
You might want to post this pic on other threads in the area :)

Reactions: LanderGoat

LanderGoat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate III

Glendale, CA, USA
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Arteaga
Member #

Nice one! Can't wait to see the feature! :sunglasses: Thanks Yaniv for taking the time put this together. I know we all have busy lives and many things to do. but in between in nice to be able to look back and enjoy these moments.

Thanks again.

R

MrChris

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Port Hueneme, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
March
Member #

Service Branch
Army Airborne Ranger
Great vid! and the Pic was just as good...having two videographers was amazing! Thanks guys, for all of the stuff that we shared., and fun that we had :)