Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello you all,

We, Jordan and I are planning a OB meeting in the south of the Netherlands.
From Friday till Sunday.
There are at this moment two weekends from which we will choose.
18,19,20 of january or 1,2,3 of february. This is depending on the shedule of Jordan.
The plan is that we do the thing we do most of the time;
1. Friday arriving at the campsite. Set up camp and cook dinner. Enjoying the evening at the firepit.
2. Saturday we do a nice tour through the countryside. After that it is back to cooking, eating and firepit.
3. Sunday if possible, we do a small tour untill we hit the highway. Then it is all back home again.

We, Frederique and I, normally are doing the groceries for the two dinners.
Breakfast and drinks are for everyone their own.
At the end of the weekend we devide the grocery bill through the number of persons.

We do drive with a max of 7 Rigs. This because it is mid winter and we drive on the saturday.
PMRS are there for 6 Rigs.

If you like to join. Tell us.

Reactions: MazeVX

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well, I decided that we are going to the same campsite as we did last year. And I have not much clue of which tour we did. So, it could be the same as last year. But it was good fun and we had a lot of fun on the campsite.
If the weather is really bad, we have a dry place to sit around the campfire as they have a dedicated shed for that prupose. So we will be fine.
Now we just need to find all the people to come along.
Again, six cars plus ourselves as it is winter.

We will keep you informed.

[DO]Ron

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Geertruidenberg, the Netherlands
First Name
Ron
Last Name
vAch
Member #

I wanna try and attent some nice meetups as my GF is away for 5 month's early next year, but both those weekends don't fit :(
Hope you have fun though!

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Yep, we Will B there. Just don't think wait to long to decide on the date. Otherwise we could end up not be able to join. And that would be a pity.

Ruben Moya

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Germany
First Name
Ruben
Last Name
Moya
Member #

Interested! Im located in East Germany. I will have to see about work on Friday since it will be a long drive for me.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Fifth update (on Facebook/Dragonriders Travel)

Full weekend;
1. Jordan and Girlfriend, ALNSM Overland/Overland Bound. Subaru Forester.
2. Christof and Andrea, Dragonriders Travel, UAZ Van 4x4.
3. Lloyd, Subaru Forester.
4.Toon and maybe Sandra, Overland Bound/ Dragonriders Travel Mitsubishi L200.
5. Roosmarijn and Sijtse, Subaru Forester.
6. We, Robert and Frederique, Overland Bound/ Dragonriders Travel, Jeep Liberty.
Maybe weekend
7. Peter C, Overland bound, Suzuki Jimny
Day/evening
8. Henny, Subaru Forester.

Just a suggestion for the sunday morning before we all heading home.
This WW2 museum nearby is dedicated to the battles fought in that area during that war.
It was the first museum about the 2 ww in europe.
So, it is maybe a good thing to have an interesting walk through and a reminder that, I quote the museum.
War should be seen in a museum!!!!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks, as it is now two weeks before it starts, I would like to know if people are coming yes or no. This as we need to organise more things when the group is getting bigger.
For an example,
we need by a bigger group two guides.
I only have 6 pmrs, so I have to ask other people if they have some.
Or having CB in the car.
Also we only have a certain amount of tarps, covering the spot were we camp/eat and have the campfire.
All these kind of things are to be arranged before we are there.

So, if you are planning to come, please tell me.

Greetings from Robert

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Sounds so good ! i feel excited even though i can't meet you there... you know, some keywords such as trails / PMR / campsite use to awaken the Force. Have great fun and see you next time :)

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

I just looked at flights and it would be too complicated for everyone and even more for me : Paris Eindhoven at your specific days is a 4/5 hours flight via Italy. Almost same as doing it in a car.... The flights i found have bad timings, ruining the friday and sunday and the good one need me to leave home on thursday, then we backward to problem #1 : super busy time at work with loads of planes, trains and meetings everywhere.

(I know this is not the right place and the right time but... What about next year somewhere in the Alps ? Quite central in Europe and giving an awesome shout out to our mid europe patch... 100% picturesque and grand. Hope we put this on the table at some point, if it has not been done yet) ;)

Last edited:

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ideas popping up all over the place. Alps next year is a good idea. Think this year maybe a tour through Parc des Vulcan or such place would be great. If I can get my girlfriend to have the Friday of and the monday, we could have a two day drive in that area. MaybeJordan - @ALNSM_Overland knows a great trip for a weekend?

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Some pictures from last year.
We hope it will be an even greater succes as that time.

And what it is all about. Overland Bound, Mid europe lets roll together. Outfit and Explore.

Lets have a epic time together.

Reactions: 76_overlander

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Well folks, as the weekend is coming nearer, it means the next weekend is coming nearer as well.
Toon Dams and we did already booked two places.
They are crucial. Why, because they are next to the with a roof covered fire place there.
Which means, that when the weather is really shitty, we can have plan B and move into that and still having a party.

At this moment Iam working on the second Toughbook which will provide us with the means to have two groups.
But till this moment, we dont have too much attendees to make two groups.

Well we will see.
https://www.facebook.com/events/356388031783648/
whatever happens, one group, two groups, the weekend will be a smash.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello folks,

Well, just a week to go and then the event is finally there.

So, first of all, I would like you to tell you what we have in mind about the dinners.

Friday;
We do a Tikka Masala with potatoes, Poppadums and Naan bread. Mango chutney and Raita.
This will be made on the firepit in the big bowl.
Saturday;
We will have some saté, satésauce with baguette.
We will do some steaks, jacket potato and salads.
And we like to make a Damper with a suprise.
We also have two thiny dutch ovens and I hope I can convince Frederique to make the desert we did at the Klashorst weekend.
That would be a great thing to do.

Drinks, breakfast are done by yourself.
Lunch on the saturday is at a good Café/Restauarant.
I will order a table on the Friday for us.

So at this moment we have the following people who will be there the whole weekend.

Jordan, Lizanne, Christof, Andrea, Toon, Roosmarijn, Sijtse, Peter, Frederique and myself Robert.
So we are 10 people and 7 Rigs.

If you like to attend it, just make sure that if you like to join us in the evenings, you say; "Yes Iam coming" before monday 24.00 hours.
And If you like to join us on the tour on saturday, tell us before Thursday 20.00 hours.

If you like to stay on the campsite and you arent a member of Natuurkampeerterreinen, please tell me and I will make te booking for you when you arrive.

I hope we will have a great time.