Jakes - 2013 Land Rover LR4

• HTML tutorial

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Hi everyone, my names Jake 3 days ago I brought home a 2013 Land Rover LR4! I have some ideas of what I would like to do. (If any one has an idea, have / had any of the products i'm looking at, please let me know what you thought.)

18260991_10154304188366822_226368272_o.jpg (Pick up day at Budd's Imported car Oakville Ontario)

This is whats on my order list right now
1) Front Runner Slimline 2 roof rack
2) Front Runner Roof Top Tent Mounts
3) Front Runner Jary can holder. Or a cheaper version of that.
4) Tupie Ayar sky roof top tent that will be going on as soon as I get the mounts.
What do you think of front-runner Products?

Follow my Instagram Account for updates https://www.instagram.com/roverland94/?hl=en

18216033_10154304187236822_2053839963_o.jpg
(Yesterday when I decided where to place my emblem)

Last edited:

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Hi Thanks for the reply!
what brand of tire do you recommend? I know having the 19'' wheels limits us, I would like a set of A/t's BF Goodrich makes a nice set.
What do you have on your rig?

Reactions: d2 rover

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

BF makes a good tire the lr3 is my wife's truck now i just picked up a discovery on Friday and plan on putting 33"boggers on it this will be my second one when i had the last one i had maxxis A/T on it and went everywhere jeeps with BF mud terrain go it all depends on what you plan on doing with it

Have fun and be prepared

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: TGF and Jacob Camp

Jethro

Rank 0

Contributor II

I left the stock 19" as it's my overlanding platform. With that I went Cooper zeon ltz AT as the Goodyear was discontinued here and I felt vulnerable about not being able to find replacements.

You can run Compomotivos in 18 as they have right offset. Which allow you to run up to a 35" but most run 32" with Johnson rods.

In Australia they run 17" wheels which allows for more tire options and side wall. So really depends on intended use

What's your plans for the rig?

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reactions: d2 rover

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Those look like a good choice for a high mileage all terrain type Tire I will have to look into those or my wife's lr3 since she just brought to my attention it will need new tires soon keep us posted on how they do

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Ok so I ordered my Front Runner Roof Rack and roof top tent mount. should be in on Friday. I will have an update on the Roof Rack when it come in.

Tim

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Hi everyone, my names Jake 3 days ago I brought home a 2013 Land Rover LR4! I have some ideas of what I would like to do. (If any one has an idea, have / had any of the products i'm looking at, please let me know what you thought.)

View attachment 22613 (Pick up day at Budd's Imported car Oakville Ontario)

This is whats on my order list right now
1) Front Runner Slimline 2 roof rack
2) Front Runner Roof Top Tent Mounts
3) Front Runner Jary can holder. Or a cheaper version of that.
4) Tupie Ayar sky roof top tent that will be going on as soon as I get the mounts.
What do you think of front-runner Products?

Follow my Instagram Account for updates https://www.instagram.com/roverland94/?hl=en

View attachment 22614
(Yesterday when I decided where to place my emblem)
Nice rig! I like the Front Runner racks light weight modular design. Also like the fact it turns up in a manageable size box rather than a full size rack. There are so many fittings for adding accessories to them too. I have a few friends with them and really wish I'd know about them before l bought a full sized tubular steel rack!

I do have a few of their other products, water tank, chairs, fold down table and awning. The featherlite awning works well for me. Basically it's an awning in a bag that you can clip to any side of your rack as you need to and even left freestanding (with the extra pole) without the vehicle. Great if you don't want something permanently attached to your rack.

Look forward to seeing the build progress.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Update!
Front Runner roof rack is on, and to top it all off my Ayer SKy from Tepui Tents .

I love the look of the Slimline 2 roof rack. I found it a breeze to assemble and attach, only difficult part was lifting it on to the top of my rig with out a helper.
A little disappointing with the shipping, lots of scuffs and scratches. As well one week in and I have lost an emblem on the right hand side. Going to see if Front Runner will send me another emblem. Overall happy with the product, (Need to use a better adhesive)

As for the Tepui Tent, I think its the bees knees. I lived in this tent for 2 month while travailing though the USA. My girlfriend and I camped In snow, rain and deep south heat, and we always found a way to make it comfortable. I would always recommend Tepui.

20170527_193637.jpg

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Installed the Front Runner Outfitters LR4 rear ladder!
It defiantly makes opening the RTT way more enjoyable.

Next up is a tire swing out can anyone recommend a good brand for the LR4?23600195_10154827258386822_791220402_o.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Sweeeet! Another 2013 LR4. Seeing your pictures reminds me of mine about 4 years ago. Awesome to see another one get setup for touring!

For the rear tire carrier, I highly recommend Tactical Rovers/Tactical 4x4. They make great stuff. If you don't want a full steel rear bar (which goes over the factory steel bumper), check out Voyager Offroad (they made my rack and ladder). They have a tire swing that uses factory bumper.

The T44 option can be tire, tire+jerry, tire+dual jerry, etc. He can make it however you want.

I usually run with my swing arms off, unless I am on a trip.

Here is with the swing arms on. The bumper is amazing and tough! You can see where I stuck my OB badge.

Jacob Camp

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Burlington Ontario
Member #

Hi Mike
Love your rover, thanks for the reply!
I will have a look tonight.
My objective on this build is to keep the LR4 looking as stock as possible, and at the same time make it capable of trails tracks and long distance touring. I'm a Real Estate Agent and this is my work car haha Some of my clients wouldn't understand.
What do you think of your 18'' wheels? have you had any problems with fitment ect? How did you get around the tire pressure sensor?

Future plans include:
Hidden winch
Hidden light bar in the grill if possible
18" compmotives
The swing out
and a drawer system

Last edited:

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Compomotives fit fine. I bought tpms sensors, but you could move them from stock wheels or disable tpms with a gap iid tool.

imo, a drawer system limits what you can do with the cargo space. thats a very non stock choice. I would look for sliders before many of those mods.

for the tire swing, the voyager maintains a more stock look, but you do risk ripping the bumper cover off.

watch putting things in your grill due to air flow to the radiator.

also, make sure if you do a hidden mount that it can do side pulls. many are not built for much other than straight line pulls.

Reactions: Jacob Camp