Jackery Power Station

• HTML tutorial

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

The length the battery will run your fridge depends a lot on the ambient temp. The warmer it is the more the fridge will cycle. My Yeti 1000 will easily run my 63qt ARB for several days when it's cold out. I haven't wanted to run it down that low when it has been hot out.

Reactions: Road

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

Exactly. Whatever brand you get, I think with todays technology, you will be impressed. The piece of mind I get when I don't have to worry about running my vehicle battery down is worth the investment.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

I made a Anderson plug cable to run from my Renogy suitcase to my Yeti. It had the Anderson plug on one end and bare wires on the other that screwed into the Renogy's charge controller. It didn't update the display on the Yeti in real time but if I turned it off and back on the display would show the current (ha) charge. It was a lot cheaper than they Yeti setup and worked fine.
Doesn't your Yeti have a built-in charge controller? If so, you should be able to bypass the Renogy controller and plug the solar panels directly into the Yeti as long as you don't exceed the voltage. It should then give you a real-time display. I do this with my Yeti 1000 and my 100W Renogy panel. I keep the Renogy controller separate in my kit to use as a car battery charger.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

One other note about the 12V car style adapters. Many of those have a fuse in them. If you convert over to Anderson or barrel style connectors be sure to add a fuse if the original adapter had a fuse.

Reactions: Road

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Mine is the ZERO 47 quart. I had my fridge set to 34 degrees. I found that if I have just one 100w panel connected, I could run the fridge indefinitely. Of course I live in Northern CA. It charges during the day and uses battery at night, During the day, it charges faster than what the Jackery uses. The picture was showing that it was charging at 91w and using 1w while compressor off. When compressor is running, it uses about 38w. Lots of factors come into play.
I like that the Jackery shows you the input and output, I need to see if I can get something like that and connect to my setup.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I think the operating temp is pretty standard with all lithium batteries regardless of brand. I think it is more of an optimal working temperature. I would look up what happens when you are not within the op temp, or test it before using a medical device. I still think you will like it.
If you are below 32 degrees it won’t charge until the batteries are brought up to 36-40 degrees... the only LiFePO4 batteries that can charge under 32 degrees are made by Big Battery and cost about $900 a piece.

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

Hi All, I Just wanted to give an update on my Jackery. I’ve had my Jackery for some time now. It has been great! I run my ARB 47qt fridge for several days, I run a CPAP machine when the power is turned off here in Northern California : ( I haven’t used it in my tent yet, but I have no doubt it will work exceptionally well. And now, wait for it…….I use my Jackery to run a portable ice maker for those trips when you want/need a stiff (lemonade)….drink… BTW, if you haven’t checked it out yet, I got an email from Jackery where I’m signed up to get special notifications etc… If you go to the Jackery website and click on the large banner that says, “Jackery Day Contest,” it has a “Fishing Game” where you can win a Jackery 1500! Dang! 1500 watts. I don’t see where you can buy one yet, but it looks like they might be coming out with some new stuff. Here’s the link Jackery Day
1614786782468.pngJeep build 1.jpg

Reactions: Shahn

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hi All, I Just wanted to give an update on my Jackery. I’ve had my Jackery for some time now. It has been great! I run my ARB 47qt fridge for several days, I run a CPAP machine when the power is turned off here in Northern California : ( I haven’t used it in my tent yet, but I have no doubt it will work exceptionally well. And now, wait for it…….I use my Jackery to run a portable ice maker for those trips when you want/need a stiff (lemonade)….drink… BTW, if you haven’t checked it out yet, I got an email from Jackery where I’m signed up to get special notifications etc… If you go to the Jackery website and click on the large banner that says, “Jackery Day Contest,” it has a “Fishing Game” where you can win a Jackery 1500! Dang! 1500 watts. I don’t see where you can buy one yet, but it looks like they might be coming out with some new stuff. Here’s the link Jackery Day
View attachment 189783View attachment 189787
That beast of a fridge is taking up half your cargo space, cool!

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hi, I just wanted to let you all know my experience so far with the Jackery Power Station 1000. I initially started a thread on the "Overland Vehicle Build" forum. I think now that I have used the Jackery, I can do a limited review.

I made it 88 hours on one charge running my ARB Zero 47 at 35 degrees. I stopped my test at 7% charge. I hooked up two Jackery 100w solar panels and within four hours, the charge was at 46% (with fridge running). I live in the foothills with many trees. It seemed that every time I looked at the solar panels they were in the shade and I had to adjust them, "PIA." With two panels, I was pulling around 140w in direct sun with smoke haze. One panel was exactly half. So far, I love this system. I ended up plugging the fridge into the Jackery, and switched my rear 12v plug to only power when the Jeep is running. Now the Jackery charges while I drive, yet runs the fridge 100% while Jeep is off. The only negative I see is: The fridge 12v plug wiggled out of the Jackery two times within two hours of driving. Luckily the ARB alerts you when it loses power. I need to figure out a way to keep the plug in while driving. Overall, I think this is a great alternative to a dual battery system. Thank goodness for the Jackery. Last night PG&G turned our power off again. My kids are doing Zoom distance learning because the schools are closed here. They didn't miss a beat because they were able to plug in their computers right into the Jackery. Here is the link to the "Overland Vehicle Build" forum: Jackery Power Station question.
I didn't read all three pages of posts, though if you haven't found a solution to your 12v plug popping out en route, ARB makes a great Fridge/Freezer Wiring Kit with Threaded Socket Surface Mount to prevent that from happening. You can also just get the Surface Mount (threaded socket) if you don't need the wiring. Makes a huge difference in keeping a fridge plugged in.

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

View attachment 189783View attachment 189787
That beast of a fridge is taking up half your cargo space, cool!
It does take up a lot of room, however I actually have more accessible room with the slide out and surround with the Jackery 1000 on top, over having to remove gear just to get to a bigger cooler with ice . All of it is modular and can be easily removed.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
It does take up a lot of room, however I actually have more accessible room with the slide out and surround with the Jackery 1000 on top, over having to remove gear just to get to a bigger cooler with ice . All of it is modular and can be easily removed.
Yeah love the modular setups for sure. I'd do something similar if I had the skills with DIY.

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

i only have a jackery 240, but i've been pretty happy with it. while camping i've used it for charging phones, my drone, bluetooth speaker, small blender. i rarely drop below 85% through the whole weekend if i started out with 100%.

recently, i've been using the jackery out in the garage since my apartment complex doesn't supply electricity to the garages. i've been using it for running my jig saw while working on my trailer and it's impressed the hell out of me. i'm glad i bought one and would happily recommend it to people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahn and DMS1

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

i only have a jackery 240, but i've been pretty happy with it. while camping i've used it for charging phones, my droid, bluetooth speaker, small blender. i rarely drop below 85% through the whole weekend if i started out with 100%.

recently, i've been using the jackery out in the garage since my apartment complex doesn't supply electricity to the garages. i've been using it for running my jig saw while working on my trailer and it's impressed the hell out of me. i'm glad i bought one and would happily recommend it to people.
I totally agree. It is absolutely a game changer for camping, power outages, and it comes in different sizes to fit your needs. Sounds like a commercial. Glad to hear yours is working for you.

socal geek guy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Walker
Member #

For sure, it's pretty versatile. I was a little apprehensive buying one in the first place since I don't have a lot of vital electrical gadgets that need recharged during a camping trip. Being able to use it for many things has made me feel way better about purchasing one. Jackery is the only brand I have experience with, but I'm sure there are others out there that work great as well, so mainly I'd tell people if they were thinking about getting a power bank like this, to go for it. Hell, I'm even considering getting one for a couple family members that have CPAPs (after reading earlier posts in here) to help in case they have a power outage. After seeing the mess that happened to Texas last month, having a little portable power bank would help a lot with basic essentials.

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

For all of us who love our Jackery power generators, today is the day. Jackery is coming out with a new line including a 1500w version! Today at 6:00pm west cost time you can follow live, just go to their website Portable Power Station, Power Outdoors - Jackery Also, they are currently running a sale on Jackerys. I've had my Jackery 1000w for about a year now and I can't say anything but good things about it. It runs my ARB 47 qt fridge, ice maker, charges cell phones and handheld radios and even runs my C-PAP machine for days and the solar panel works great!. I Don't have to worry about running my vehicle battery down and it's portable. Getting a fridge was a gamechanger, and the Jackery took the worry out of running it. For more information, read this thread, lots of good info and feedback, I also included some pictures of my build.

Reactions: DanW and Old Tanker

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

I got the Jackery 1500! it is larger and heavier than the 1000 and obviously more capable. It has a larger color display that is very nice. I ran a little test to see how long it would run my ARB Zero 47 fridge on a single charge. I started the test on Sunday March 21 at 10am from a full charge. The fridge was set at 34 degrees with six small water bottles in it. I ended the test on Sunday March 28th at 11am when the Jackery displayed 13% charge. 7 days! (169 hours) WOW! Of course, I live in Northern California where the weather has been pretty mild. I then hooked up a 100W Jackery solar panel to see how long it would take to recharge the Jackery with the fridge running. It took two days to get to 98%. Please keep in mind that I placed the panel on the roof of my Jeep and just left it there. There were times when the display showed that it was charging at 78W's and other times at 0W's. Taking into consideration I have many trees and the sun was moving across the sky. It would have charged a lot faster if I constantly moved the panel for optimal position to the sun. Additionally, I only used one 100W panel instead of two. It may seem like a long time to charge the 1500, but if you think about it, if you started at 100%, it would remain at 100% indefinitely. The solar panel charged the Jackery more than what the fridge used. There are a couple of minor things that I don't really like. 1. it is large, and with overlanding you have to consider the space it takes up. 2. In order to view the display, you have to press a button. Over all, think it is great! easy to use and you can take it with you.