First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
Try rotating the plug after plugging it in, sometimes you will here a little "click" when the metal springs engage. And thanks for the mini review I was considering one these for longer trips where I am away from pavement for long periods.

Reactions: DanW

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

Try rotating the plug after plugging it in, sometimes you will here a little "click" when the metal springs engage. And thanks for the mini review I was considering one these for longer trips where I am away from pavement for long periods.
Thanks! I think I initially plugged it in wrong. The best part of owning a Jackery is now I don't sit in camp worrying about my Jeep's battery draining while running my fridge and other accessories. Or the fridge turning off due to low voltage. Much more relaxing.

Reactions: Viking1204 and DanW

ChadHahn

Rank III

Advocate I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Hahn
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC0POB
Good review! Which reminds me I have go out to the garage and see if any of my non-Jackery power cables from my other solar panel suitcase thingy will plug into my Jackery 500. Maybe I could run a similar test.
I made a Anderson plug cable to run from my Renogy suitcase to my Yeti. It had the Anderson plug on one end and bare wires on the other that screwed into the Renogy's charge controller. It didn't update the display on the Yeti in real time but if I turned it off and back on the display would show the current (ha) charge. It was a lot cheaper than they Yeti setup and worked fine.

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

I made a Anderson plug cable to run from my Renogy suitcase to my Yeti. It had the Anderson plug on one end and bare wires on the other that screwed into the Renogy's charge controller. It didn't update the display on the Yeti in real time but if I turned it off and back on the display would show the current (ha) charge. It was a lot cheaper than they Yeti setup and worked fine.
As you can tell, I am not experienced with electrical things. I like that this is simply plug & play. However, it is more expensive than making something yourself. Good to know, thanks for spreading your ideas, the more ideas the better.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I have since picked up the right cable that goes from my Jackery 500 to my non-Jackery suit case solar panel. For $8, I'm happy with it!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I probably paid more than that for parts. My cable is super long though.
Yep, I didn't think about the length unfortunately. No worries as I already have a different solar source in the bed of my trunk. This solution is good for topping the Jackery off when needed.

Reactions: ChadHahn

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

Hi all, So far so GREAT! I love this Jackery. I was on the Jackery website and saw that they are having a 15% off anniversary sale starting tomorrow. Go to their website and check it out.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Hi all, So far so GREAT! I love this Jackery. I was on the Jackery website and saw that they are having a 15% off anniversary sale starting tomorrow. Go to their website and check it out.
I picked up a Jackery 1000, and 2 x 100 Watt Panels with the 15% off. Out of the gate I'm a little disappointed with the operating temp of 32 - 102 degrees as I had planned on using it for my CPAP on some winter camping, and the two week delivery time falls below my expectation when you consider the $$$.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I picked up a Jackery 1000, and 2 x 100 Watt Panels with the 15% off. Out of the gate I'm a little disappointed with the operating temp of 32 - 102 degrees as I had planned on using it for my CPAP on some winter camping, and the two week delivery time falls below my expectation when you consider the $$$.
Let me piggy back off that sale - COSTCO has this sweet sale on a
A-iPower Powered by Yamaha Inverter Generator
I could have picked up two for the price I paid for the Jackery with money to spare

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Let me piggy back off that sale - COSTCO has this sweet sale on a
A-iPower Powered by Yamaha Inverter Generator
I could have picked up two for the price I paid for the Jackery with money to spare
That's all great but when I'm camping out in the woods the last thing I want to hear is a generator running, kind of hard to hear the birds and other animals over the sound of a generator. For those of you that don't want the cost of the Jackery you can get a really good 138ah lithium battery off Ebay for $445, this will run my IceCube 68 Quart Dual Zone Refrigerator for 3 days without needing to be charged. Soon I'll be hooking up my $85 - 100W solar panel to it and be able to go for a lot longer for a lot less than the cost of the Jackery. I put the battery in a heavy duty toolbox and wired it to a fuse panel and a 12V power panel. I have a 2000W inverter if I need 110 power. At 138ah this battery is almost 3 times the AH of the Jackery for more than half the price. Sure it's a bit bigger & heavier but runs my fridge great with power to spare for other items.

Valence U27-12XP LiFePO4 12V 138AH 1.766 kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery | eBay

IceCube Fridge/Freezer 65L (68Quarts) - Dual-Zone | Twin Compartment

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

I think the operating temp is pretty standard with all lithium batteries regardless of brand. I think it is more of an optimal working temperature. I would look up what happens when you are not within the op temp, or test it before using a medical device. I still think you will like it.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I think the operating temp is pretty standard with all lithium batteries regardless of brand. I think it is more of an optimal working temperature. I would look up what happens when you are not within the op temp, or test it before using a medical device. I still think you will like it.
I know I will, and thank you for the tip. I will pickup the Yahima backup generator as well. I should be fully covered and ready to go.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

That's all great but when I'm camping out in the woods the last thing I want to hear is a generator running, kind of hard to hear the birds and other animals over the sound of a generator. For those of you that don't want the cost of the Jackery you can get a really good 138ah lithium battery off Ebay for $445, this will run my IceCube 68 Quart Dual Zone Refrigerator for 3 days without needing to be charged. Soon I'll be hooking up my $85 - 100W solar panel to it and be able to go for a lot longer for a lot less than the cost of the Jackery. I put the battery in a heavy duty toolbox and wired it to a fuse panel and a 12V power panel. I have a 2000W inverter if I need 110 power. At 138ah this battery is almost 3 times the AH of the Jackery for more than half the price. Sure it's a bit bigger & heavier but runs my fridge great with power to spare for other items.

Valence U27-12XP LiFePO4 12V 138AH 1.766 kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery | eBay

IceCube Fridge/Freezer 65L (68Quarts) - Dual-Zone | Twin Compartment
Thanks for the tip; now for the Birds and other animals you can toss that out the door when it comes to my pups.

Attachments

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
@OVERMTN what size is your ARB fridge? Mine is 65 quart and dual zoned so I get three days with the big side set to 38 for the fridge and the small side set to 20 for the freezer. I could probably get 4 days or more just running both sides at 38, will have to test that some time when I don't need a freezer!

OVERMTN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Monterosso
Member #

@OVERMTN what size is your ARB fridge? Mine is 65 quart and dual zoned so I get three days with the big side set to 38 for the fridge and the small side set to 20 for the freezer. I could probably get 4 days or more just running both sides at 38, will have to test that some time when I don't need a freezer!
Mine is the ZERO 47 quart. I had my fridge set to 34 degrees. I found that if I have just one 100w panel connected, I could run the fridge indefinitely. Of course I live in Northern CA. It charges during the day and uses battery at night, During the day, it charges faster than what the Jackery uses. The picture was showing that it was charging at 91w and using 1w while compressor off. When compressor is running, it uses about 38w. Lots of factors come into play.

Reactions: Viking1204