wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I bought one of these Jackery power stations for running really small lights and charging devices. Mine is the 160 model which supplies up to 167Wh / 100W Continuous, 150W Max. I have a larger battery unit for heavier applications.

Today is one of the first days I've tried to use it and was powering a very small fan that only draws about 20 watts off the 120V. I noticed the fan was surging/slowing a little bit and found the voltage output of the Jackery was only 101 volts. I verified my meter was working by checking a power outlet in my wall and it read 121 v so the meter is good, and the fan runs smooth when plugged into the wall. So it appears the output voltage of this Jackery is low and that's not a good thing.

Anybody else have experience with these and know if this is a common issue with them? Yes, the unit is fully charged up.

wahoowad

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Darn, was hoping someone smarter than me was going to chime in :(

I have tested this further to ensure it is the Jackery and not my meter, and it's not. No matter what I plug in (fan, lights, laptop, iPad) I find the output around 100v and jumps continually (between 98 and 103 volts). Jackery support said this is normal although i am thinking it is just indicative of the quality of the output of the device. I watched a video that demonstrated the Jackery was very slow to charge compared to competing units, so perhaps it just isn't as high quality of a device than I thought when I bought it. I do like the form factor and features, just not the dirty output.

NV Badlands

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Carson Valley, Nevada
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Hutchings
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K9DEM
Service Branch
Air Force
Darn, was hoping someone smarter than me was going to chime in :(

I have tested this further to ensure it is the Jackery and not my meter, and it's not. No matter what I plug in (fan, lights, laptop, iPad) I find the output around 100v and jumps continually (between 98 and 103 volts). Jackery support said this is normal although i am thinking it is just indicative of the quality of the output of the device. I watched a video that demonstrated the Jackery was very slow to charge compared to competing units, so perhaps it just isn't as high quality of a device than I thought when I bought it. I do like the form factor and features, just not the dirty output.

Sounds like you might have a problem with the inverter. They are supposed to be regulated to provide a constant draw. I have the new 500, and it’s been flawless. Might want to contact Jackery for tech support and a possible warranty replacement.