Jackery Power Station question

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

wahoowad

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
I bought one of these Jackery power stations for running really small lights and charging devices. Mine is the 160 model which supplies up to 167Wh / 100W Continuous, 150W Max. I have a larger battery unit for heavier applications.

Today is one of the first days I've tried to use it and was powering a very small fan that only draws about 20 watts off the 120V. I noticed the fan was surging/slowing a little bit and found the voltage output of the Jackery was only 101 volts. I verified my meter was working by checking a power outlet in my wall and it read 121 v so the meter is good, and the fan runs smooth when plugged into the wall. So it appears the output voltage of this Jackery is low and that's not a good thing.

Anybody else have experience with these and know if this is a common issue with them? Yes, the unit is fully charged up.

wahoowad

Rank 0

Contributor I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Wilbur
Last Name
McGee
Darn, was hoping someone smarter than me was going to chime in :(

I have tested this further to ensure it is the Jackery and not my meter, and it's not. No matter what I plug in (fan, lights, laptop, iPad) I find the output around 100v and jumps continually (between 98 and 103 volts). Jackery support said this is normal although i am thinking it is just indicative of the quality of the output of the device. I watched a video that demonstrated the Jackery was very slow to charge compared to competing units, so perhaps it just isn't as high quality of a device than I thought when I bought it. I do like the form factor and features, just not the dirty output.

KF7DGY

Rank II

Traveler I

Carson Valley, Nevada
Member #

Ham Callsign
kf7dgy
Darn, was hoping someone smarter than me was going to chime in :(

I have tested this further to ensure it is the Jackery and not my meter, and it's not. No matter what I plug in (fan, lights, laptop, iPad) I find the output around 100v and jumps continually (between 98 and 103 volts). Jackery support said this is normal although i am thinking it is just indicative of the quality of the output of the device. I watched a video that demonstrated the Jackery was very slow to charge compared to competing units, so perhaps it just isn't as high quality of a device than I thought when I bought it. I do like the form factor and features, just not the dirty output.

Sounds like you might have a problem with the inverter. They are supposed to be regulated to provide a constant draw. I have the new 500, and it’s been flawless. Might want to contact Jackery for tech support and a possible warranty replacement.