Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
SO....I have here a build log for my 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I have been slowly building it up since I got it. I have been looking for a name for it, but can't think of one yet...
Here follows the log.
These first few are just the truck's first trips. I got a few mods right away from the dealership when I purchased it, namely the TRD Pro grille and exhaust system.
IMG_2683.JPG IMG_2733.jpg IMG_2687.JPG

Last edited:

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
The next mods done were to yank the plastic storage bins behind the rear seats. This allowed me to increase the storage. I installed a rack to hang a tool bag first aid and other miscellaneous bags.
IMG_2680.JPG

Last edited:

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
After that I did some internal stuff, changed out knobs and things like that. But the next major change was adding the Softtopper and making a mod to the fog lights to run whenever wanted. IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0293.JPG IMG_0321.JPG IMG_0337.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy P

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
These are the SOS Offroad Concepts softtopper bed rack and rock sliders. I prepped them and coated them with spray bed liner and then installed them before winter came. IMG_0568.JPG IMG_0615.JPG IMG_0617.JPG IMG_0623.JPG IMG_0625.JPG IMG_0633.JPG

Reactions: Marman and Jimmy P

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
This looks like it is coming along nicely. The Softtopper/rack combo looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: NateDCo

Free-Roemer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ammon, ID, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Roemer
Member #

When you mounted the rotopax mount, did you use the circle plate? Or just bolt through the existing holes just next to the big holes in the rack?

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
When you mounted the rotopax mount, did you use the circle plate? Or just bolt through the existing holes just next to the big holes in the rack?
No I didn’t use the supplied plate that comes with the rotopax lock. The holes on the welded on plate on the rack was pre drilled for the rotopax. I had to file one of the holes slightly to get the bolts to line up. I also used purple loctite to lock the bolts to make it more secure.

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
And because I had to do the brakes, I opted to upgrade to the EBC Stage 4 rotor and green brake pads.
These things make a world of difference.

57533186468__060ABDC4-BCE3-4A20-9F03-E7A4E6877F5A.JPG57533200916__1BF6BA4F-6A63-4F5A-A9A3-6BCA64F70CA0.JPG

Reactions: Chadlyb

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
oh a bit of an update...not an addition, got in a bit of an accident a little time ago. If i didn't have this bumper, it would have been a total loss i suspect. As it were, the bumper took the brunt of the hit and got away with a new one and a little bit of body work. Got it back and in working order. Will be taking it out on the trail soon.45ea3cd7-4231-4dec-a8f2-47903d0eedda.jpgedf36733-f11f-4d52-b9b4-facadb14d2e2.jpg49cd4473-2cc4-4f2c-b383-b7657419bd0a.jpg

Pyrotaco

Rank 0

Contributor I

Fullerton, CA, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Rachuy
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kk6knd
Love the ARB front bumper. With the accident, did you see the mounts for the bumper flex or anything? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you hit and at what speed?

-Dustin

NateDCo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Deveaux
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF6MNN
Love the ARB front bumper. With the accident, did you see the mounts for the bumper flex or anything? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you hit and at what speed?

-Dustin
Every part of the arb bumper had to be replaced. Got a whole new one. Interestingly the repair shop scratched the middle uprights for the tube around the winch, so they line-x’d them for me. Kinda nice actually. There was no frame damage though. I got hit by a box truck doing about 50-60 mph. If I hadn’t lifted the truck and got the bumper, the truck probably would have been totaled and I sent home in a box I suspect. But in this instance it was almost a light fender bender. No injuries.