Its Spring! So we're sharing our 10 Essentials!

• HTML tutorial

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

Hey everyone!

This weeks blog post is about the 10 essentials since more people are hitting the trails as the weather gets better (for some of us).

Let us know if we missed anything and what gear you recommend!

We included a printable checklist at the bottom of the page as well! Enjoy!

[emoji902][emoji904]
IMG_20190323_065904_802.jpeg

Reactions: 9Mike2 and jplemons

Badlatitude

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

West Rupert, VT 05776, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
M
Member #

I always have a small sub kit in my pack. Its just a small snap lock sealed kitchen storage type container. Call it a survival kit if you will. In it I keep a an old steel bladed pocket knife. Magnesium fire starter, water purification tabs, wood matches that are vac packed. a small pen light with spare batteries. Some folded up paper, a pen, a small amount of fishing line and some hooks as well as one of those compact mylar survival blanket things. chap stick and several other small person items I deem necessary. Some things to also consider adding for those with health issues would be your medical history printed on a laminated card. along with at least a few doses of important medicine.

This is ALWAYS in my pack no matter where I go or what I do. Weather its a road trip to visit family, 100+ miles off shore fishing, out in the woods hunting or just casually camping with friends.

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

I have all the gear except recovery boards...I've never used them before and have been hearing them mentioned a lot, and now on this thread. I guess I better check out the Maxtrax...
As long as you have something that fits your needs and can aid in self recovery. We like having a set of traction boards(any brand) because you can use them for lots of things. They can shovel dirt and snow, level a vehicle for camping, bridge a gap and of course...get you unstuck. Thanks for reading!

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

I always have a small sub kit in my pack. Its just a small snap lock sealed kitchen storage type container. Call it a survival kit if you will. In it I keep a an old steel bladed pocket knife. Magnesium fire starter, water purification tabs, wood matches that are vac packed. a small pen light with spare batteries. Some folded up paper, a pen, a small amount of fishing line and some hooks as well as one of those compact mylar survival blanket things. chap stick and several other small person items I deem necessary. Some things to also consider adding for those with health issues would be your medical history printed on a laminated card. along with at least a few doses of important medicine.

This is ALWAYS in my pack no matter where I go or what I do. Weather its a road trip to visit family, 100+ miles off shore fishing, out in the woods hunting or just casually camping with friends.
Very good point about the medical card. We update ours for everyone in our party for each larger trip. Then have a spare labeled emergency info on the tablet in case the paper is lost. We then make sure everyone knows where everything is in each vehicle. Thanks for sharing your kit!

Reactions: Badlatitude