Hastings - England
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Barrett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
M6ZZS
I've seen the TredPro's and they look brilliant. More bendy than a Maxtrax supposedly to stop them getting damaged if the wheels spin.

If you've got the cash then I'd say TredPro's are probably a good bet but MaxTrax will still do the job more than adequately as tens of thousands will tell you!

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Air your tires down to 15psi and dont go over 30mph and you wont need any tracks to get unstuck in sand or snow, mud however is a different story but ive always just used logs, sticks, rocks and even floor mats in a pinch. I Have always off roaded solo with a 8000lb hand winch if i have a tree within 20ft that will always be my go to solution to getting unstuck but usually airing down keeps from ever getting stuck in first place.

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

I think the TRED Pros are partnered with ARB now. With that said, I recently went with Maxtrax – lot's of great feedback on them from others, they came in the color I wanted, and pricing through Amazon was on par with the TRED Pros.

I've used them 4 times in the last weekend on other's stuck vehicles in deep sand. They worked well and made for quick recoveries.

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

MaxTrax has some minis coming out that will save a little money, a little space, and still perform...

I have X-Bulls and they have worked great. I do agree they could stack better though.

James

Reactions: RainGoat

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Just used my x-bull recovery boards for the first time on 11/11/18 worked incredibly in sand & way cheaper than the other brands. Just my 2 cents.

totally agree, the video shows how flexible they are w\o breaking I have 2 set's of there 10 ton XBull Recovery Boards.
Fast forward the video to 6 minutes 36 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainGoat

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

They work well, bridge well, they don’t stack well, and are $80/pair. You decide.
+1 on all that. The “handles” aren’t as comfortable as Maxtrax either but I would use a shovel to dig, not my recovery board. Also, you can find the 10ton on eBay for <$65