Its all Plastic

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

Scarab

Rank V

Advocate III

Hastings - England
Member #

I've seen the TredPro's and they look brilliant. More bendy than a Maxtrax supposedly to stop them getting damaged if the wheels spin.

If you've got the cash then I'd say TredPro's are probably a good bet but MaxTrax will still do the job more than adequately as tens of thousands will tell you!

Boostpowered

Rank V

Pathfinder II

Wolfe City, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Air your tires down to 15psi and dont go over 30mph and you wont need any tracks to get unstuck in sand or snow, mud however is a different story but ive always just used logs, sticks, rocks and even floor mats in a pinch. I Have always off roaded solo with a 8000lb hand winch if i have a tree within 20ft that will always be my go to solution to getting unstuck but usually airing down keeps from ever getting stuck in first place.

Overland California

Rank V

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

I think the TRED Pros are partnered with ARB now. With that said, I recently went with Maxtrax – lot's of great feedback on them from others, they came in the color I wanted, and pricing through Amazon was on par with the TRED Pros.

I've used them 4 times in the last weekend on other's stuck vehicles in deep sand. They worked well and made for quick recoveries.

James Deaton

Rank V

Traveler I

MaxTrax has some minis coming out that will save a little money, a little space, and still perform...

I have X-Bulls and they have worked great. I do agree they could stack better though.

James

Reactions: RainGoat
Just used my x-bull recovery boards for the first time on 11/11/18 worked incredibly in sand & way cheaper than the other brands. Just my 2 cents.

totally agree, the video shows how flexible they are w\o breaking I have 2 set's of there 10 ton XBull Recovery Boards.
Fast forward the video to 6 minutes 36 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainGoat

RainGoat

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Kirkland, WA
Member #

They work well, bridge well, they don’t stack well, and are $80/pair. You decide.
+1 on all that. The “handles” aren’t as comfortable as Maxtrax either but I would use a shovel to dig, not my recovery board. Also, you can find the 10ton on eBay for <$65