Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

Our first overlanding trip was the Mojave Rd. trip in March, and it was an awesome trip.... However, that's the last trip we have been on. I'd love to meet up with a some folks from the bay and start doing some regular trips. We don't want to roll out solo, and a long weekend once every other month.. maybe the occasional back to back months would be awesome. I'm not sure if the peninsula meetup group is active anymore....

Reactions: WrightRunner

WrightRunner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

MONUMENT RANCH PERRIS CA 92570
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Our first overlanding trip was the Mojave Rd. trip in March, and it was an awesome trip.... However, that's the last trip we have been on. I'd love to meet up with a some folks from the bay and start doing some regular trips. We don't want to roll out solo, and a long weekend once every other month.. maybe the occasional back to back months would be awesome. I'm not sure if the peninsula meetup group is active anymore....
I'm not in the Bay area , but I defiantly don't get out enough. I joined OB to get out more and make off road friends. If yo are ever planning a trip somewhere between Riverside and Bay area I would be interested.

Reactions: Lifes2short4BS

odingrey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Every so often there's a meet up in the Longmont area, iirc Michael and Corrie are in Dublin or something, so they'll often show up to those. Actually, looks like there's a meet up August 5th at Epidemic Brewery. Here's the link

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

Not sure if I'll be able to roll the rig since I'm dropping it off for some steering and suspension issues. Wifey's Jeep KL Trailhawk will have to count

Last edited:

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
Nice!! I you guys were winching a small boulder right next to us the last morning of the trip I believe. I'll PM you my number
Thanks for reminding me about my dumbest moment of that trip. I was trying to just re-spool my line, but I ended up pulling that boulder down towards my FJ.

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

Nice!! I you guys were winching a small boulder right next to us the last morning of the trip I believe. I'll PM you my number
I'm in the bay too, right near Corrie and Michael. I've done a couple of trips since Mojave when we met. I was with the crazy blonde and handing out beer. I'd like to do more short trips but I know my summer is quickly dissipating between other personal trips, working on my Triumph resto and other long offroad journeys. I'll be at the Epidemic GTG on 8/5 so maybe we can catch up then.

Lifes2short4BS

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Half Moon Bay, Ca
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
N
Member #

I'm in the bay too, right near Corrie and Michael. I've done a couple of trips since Mojave when we met. I was with the crazy blonde and handing out beer. I'd like to do more short trips but I know my summer is quickly dissipating between other personal trips, working on my Triumph resto and other long offroad journeys. I'll be at the Epidemic GTG on 8/5 so maybe we can catch up then.
It's starting to look like I may get stuck working both Saturday and Sunday on that weekend =( ....Subcontractor issues......I just can't say no to double-time thou

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
Come out to our meet-up at Epidemic Brewery in Concord on Saturday at noon. Sounds like it's going to be a well attended event. We're going to try and compile a group of Bay Area OB members to hit the trail together. We'd love to have you along!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
All, the Hollister trip is on 8/26. I've started a rally point for it. Hopefully all can make it. All future discussions about the event will be on the rally point. It's easier to keep track of! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Mudgard

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Concord, CA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Voss
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ORJ
Service Branch
USCG
I agree. Let's keep this rolling! If you have ideas for trails to hit, chime in! We have an awesome group. We're all close by. Let's wheel together!

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

I'm over is Sunnyvale. I was thinking of putting together a meet up some Saturday. There is a big empty lot by me with a Starbucks on the corner. Would anyone be interested in coming out, having coffee, checking out things folks have done to their rigs, and discussing future road trips?