bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
I'm looking to purchase a small off-road trailer. Must have, or can be outfitted with:
Kitchen, including stove and fridge/freezer
water plus pump (for shower)
roof rack
solar (capable)
electricity (rechargeable battery)
Off-road suspension and tires (all terrain at least)
vent plus HVAC
plenty of storage
shower attachment
sleeps at least two (2)

or....extremely fully equipped basecamp trailer that can handle my hardshell RTT (used once, may be up for sale if I find the right trailer)

Let me know what you have and see if we can make a deal. Trying to avoid the current long lead times.

Thanks,

Mike.

I'm located in MD.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

This hits all your wants plus. 2 models, 16' sleeps 2 and 20' sleeps 4 with 2 suspension, wheel tire options for raod vs off road.

Airstreams Base Camp Trailer
Do you have a budget?

airstream_basecamp_hero_040819.jpeg

At the other end of the price scale is Hiker, likely the best buy out there.

Hiker has soo many options, sizes, chassis from 4x8 thru 5x10. off road or highway.,,, even the highway version is pretty capable.

Outside+Mag+3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bigred2211

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
This hits all your wants plus. 2 models, 16' sleeps 2 and 20' sleeps 4 with 2 suspension, wheel tire options for raod vs off road.

Airstreams Base Camp Trailer
Do you have a budget?

View attachment 178454

At the other end of the price scale is Hiker, likely the best buy out there.

Hiker has soo many options, sizes, chassis from 4x8 thru 5x10. off road or highway.,,, even the highway version is pretty capable.

View attachment 178455
Thank you...looking at Hiker now.

Boba-Fett

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Banos, CA, USA
First Name
Gerardo
Last Name
Buitron
Member #

Checkout my trailer I just added to the list of for sale...it has almost all you need, plus you save lots of $ in comparison.

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Check Off Grid Trailers. They have everything on your list and come in two different styles,, Expedition and Pando 2.0. They are a little pricey but built EXTREMELY sturdy. AND, it's in Canadian dollars!!! They are in Edmonton, Alberta.
We have the Pando and love it.

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Check Off Grid Trailers. They have everything on your list and come in two different styles,, Expedition and Pando 2.0. They are a little pricey but built EXTREMELY sturdy. AND, it's in Canadian dollars!!! They are in Edmonton, Alberta.
Thanks, saw those. I like them, though shipping is extremely high. Hiker appears to be promising.

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Checkout my trailer I just added to the list of for sale...it has almost all you need, plus you save lots of $ in comparison.
Great looking trailer. The more I look at trailers, the more I'm leaning toward a trailer I can sleep in. I currently own a nice RTT and really don't like lifting dog into it. Thanks for sharing though and GLWS.

Reactions: Boba-Fett

MegaBug

Rank VII
Launch Member

Influencer II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

Thanks, saw those. I like them, though shipping is extremely high. Hiker appears to be promising.
Yeah, shipping was a bit rich, so we went and picked ours up last December. It was a blizzard going over the Coquihala pass on the way back home but the whole rig performed very well.
Pity we can't cross our common border right now, that could make a great overlanding trip for you! Hopefully soon.

bigred2211

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Maryland
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Walker
Yeah, shipping was a bit rich, so we went and picked ours up last December. It was a blizzard going over the Coquihala pass on the way back home but the whole rig performed very well.
Pity we can't cross our common border right now, that could make a great overlanding trip for you! Hopefully soon.
Agreed, that would be nice.