Is this one of us?

• HTML tutorial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Falcon

Rank II

Enthusiast II

?? Who's emotional? I am just having a conversation. Why are you so bent on this guy and his axle/fenders and why are you still talking about it but doing nothing? If it hurts your soul so much, go pick the dang things up or else SYPH and move on with your life.
You failed to answer my other questions. You seem bent on detracting from the facts I've presented. I give a damn about access and our parks. We all have responsibilities and if I was able to go get them I would. If I was responsible for them being left there it wouldn't be a question and they would have been gone a long time ago. Trust me, this isn't putting my life on hold. Hmmm SYPH. That's friendly and non-emotional right?

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
The facts about the fenders is this. They were removed from the trailer in order for the trailer to fit through the narrowest sections of Dedeckera Canyon. Perhaps the trailer was too wide, or maybe they were damaged when the brothers were trying to turn the two trailers around to head the other way into Saline Valley via the North Pass Road. One of the fenders was damaged beyond repair or use. Bottom line is they were removed and discarded on the trail. They are homemade from mild steel. Nobody in their right mind will take them for personal use. The deminsions and weight of the fenders is just too much for any one rig to reasonably accommodate.

And also, it's MonkeyProof. Not Monkey Junk. I can't think of how that came to be..kinda weird tho.
Sorry about the Monkey Junk title, I guess I was thinking Monkey picked up the junk and it just naturally fit. In my area, the fenders wouldn't lay around long. Even I would pick them up if they are mild steel plate suitable for making things like bumpers and shields even if they weren't suitable to reuse as bumpers. The pictures you sent don't show that much damage and I own a two axel car trailer that could use them. Scrap iron brings big money and so do beer cans. People in my poverty stricken area walk for miles along the hwy. to scavenge beer cans for their gas or marijuana needs. I don't see anyone picking up anything else but I see plenty of people tossing their crap everywhere. I think I read one thread where A-Aron was making plans ASAP to retrieve the fenders. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and have a calm wait see on the situation. He sounds like a nice and reasonably responsible person to me. Don't let me down A_A

Reactions: Blue Falcon

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

How about we let @A-Aron and the park authorities settle the matter on their own. If one does not feel that that is adequate feel free to hop off the keyboard and take a trip to Death Valley and pick it up. While they're at it they can hit up the Mojave Road and pick-up all of the gnomes, frogs, dolls, marbles, and old cars that careless people have just dumped along the road. [emoji57]
If I lived in California, I'd already have gone, but as I live probably 40 hours away in another country, it makes the trip pretty much impossible. Pretty sure they won't fit in my V either.

Also, reading a couple of your responses directed at me makes me think you haven't actually read the entire thread. I was one of the first posters to defend A-Aron and urge others to give him the benefit of the doubt. I never have said anything to disparage or criticize him, although many have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
This thread has sparked an interesting thought for discussion...I started a different thread here:

Frankly GB, auto parts and junk yards to me are like jewelery stores. I don't mind auto parts the way some folks do.
Trash is a different sided coin. Trash to me is old couches and furniture, rags, paper and cardboard, bottles and cans,
anything that should be in a dump to begin with and has no monetary value. Scrap iron has value and supports many people
in the lower financial category and THAT community is growing even in the wilderness areas, some call themselves off the griders.
I believe in live and let live. What is none of my business I try to stay out of. Just don't FWM and I'm okay with any situation.

MonkeyProof

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SoCal-SGV
Sorry about the Monkey Junk title, I guess I was thinking Monkey picked up the junk and it just naturally fit. In my area, the fenders wouldn't lay around long. Even I would pick them up if they are mild steel plate suitable for making things like bumpers and shields even if they weren't suitable to reuse as bumpers. The pictures you sent don't show that much damage and I own a two axel car trailer that could use them. Scrap iron brings big money and so do beer cans. People in my poverty stricken area walk for miles along the hwy. to scavenge beer cans for their gas or marijuana needs. I don't see anyone picking up anything else but I see plenty of people tossing their crap everywhere. I think I read one thread where A-Aron was making plans ASAP to retrieve the fenders. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and have a calm wait see on the situation. He sounds like a nice and reasonably responsible person to me. Don't let me down A_A
That one fender looks pretty well twisted and beat up. I guess we are see things a bit differently as they appear...20190222_175901.jpgThey are each at 110" as previously stated by the owner.
20190222_175846.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
That one fender looks pretty well twisted and beat up. I guess we are see things a bit differently as they appear...View attachment 91921They are each at 110" as previously stated by the owner.
View attachment 91920

I could easily repair that damage with a few easy tricks I know (learned down on the border where people don't waste much if it can be reused).
Even the axel and hub can be reused for a few things in a work shop if your handy at making tools. Like I always say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and what is one mans trash is another mans treasure. I'm a poor boy myself and I just do not waste good material and am always looking for free usable material to reuse. I'd have to stretch the wheel base on the fenders for my trailer but that's not hard either if you can weld..

MonkeyProof

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SoCal-SGV
I could easily repair that damage with a few easy tricks I know (learned down on the border where people don't waste much if it can be reused).
Even the axel and hub can be reused for a few things in a work shop if your handy at making tools. Like I always say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and what is one mans trash is another mans treasure. I'm a poor boy myself and I just do not waste good material and am always looking for free usable material to reuse. I'd have to stretch the wheel base on the fenders for my trailer but that's not hard either if you can weld..
Ah..So if these were yours, you would not have discarded those fenders on the trail because they are repairable. Or you would just leave them of to the side as trash because one is damaged? One mans trash is another mans treasure...

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ah..So if these were yours, you would not have discarded those fenders on the trail because they are repairable. Or you would just leave them of to the side as trash because one is damaged? One mans trash is another mans treasure...
Not quite sir, I may have left them behind for the same reason A-A did, but I value them enough that I would return to get them hopefully before someone else does ! A-A just did what was necessary at the time, he did have a job on his hands and 6 hours of sleep out of 60 something hours of hard work was grueling.
I'm not defending his reasons for not returning so far, they are his to own. Has he consulted with you at all about when he may come to pick up his diff that you so kindly brought back to your house. If not put it on Craig's list and get rid of it . Should be worth $250.00 even without one axel. Finders keepers !

MonkeyProof

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SoCal-SGV
Not quite sir, I may have left them behind for the same reason A-A did, but I value them enough that I would return to get them hopefully before someone else does ! A-A just did what was necessary at the time, he did have a job on his hands and 6 hours of sleep out of 60 something hours of hard work was grueling.
I'm not defending his reasons for not returning so far, they are his to own. Has he consulted with you at all about when he may come to pick up his diff that you so kindly brought back to your house. If not put it on Craig's list and get rid of it . Should be worth $250.00 even without one axel. Finders keepers !
He has not.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The owner of the axle housing has never made contact with me about his axle housing. So this morning the axle housing has been donated to the metal scrappers.
View attachment 102931
You did the right thing. You gave the guy plenty of time to retrieve his axel. Oh no, is that an LDR2 v8 engine in that truck, all that good straight drive shaft looking stuff that would make good off road bumpers. What a waste. :coldsweat:
Do you suppose those trailer finders are still laying out there too ? Time for me to say it. Mister don't go back again if you cant carry your junk back with you. I sympathized with you at first because of your family but your making me regret my decision to do that. You owe monkeyproof a big apology for being so kind to pick up your junk for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.