Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
I'm considering this stove from Coleman for my camp kitchen:

It runs on 1lb gas bottles, but I will either buy refillable 1lb bottles (to save on waste and money) or use an adapter for a 20lb tank (I will have a 20lb tank on board to also power my generator).
I'm trying to kit out as good as a kitchen as I can on a LOW budget. Cooking (actually, eating) is a huge hobby of mine and I plan on writing about my experiences cooking at camp in my FoodTribe food blog.
Thanks guys!

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder
I've been using one for a couple of years now and I like it. Easy to setup/breakdown and reasonably small for truck camping. Been thinking about a 5 lb tank but the 1 lb does good for weekends. Rarely do I use more than one burner because it's usually just boiling water. I usually carry a small backpacking burner for backup just because I can and at some point I may be away from the truck overnight.

Peregrine

Rank III

Advocate I

Idaho, USA
First Name
Darby
Last Name
Peregrine
Switched to propane decades back. Run a stack pole with hoses and topped with a lantern attached to a 20lbs jug. Can run the stove, lantern and heater off one jug. Currently looking at converting the lighting to battery with a solar charger. Love the stove. Less hassles than the older white gas models when it is freezing. When living in PRoK this was my go to standby for the frequent power outages at home. Just have to remember to close the main valve when not in use due to connection leakage.

spazegun2213

Rank V

Advocate I

San Diego
First Name
ross
Last Name
miller
Member #

Ours is probably ~10 years old. I just cleaned out and re-greased the knobs and its like new.

My *only* problem with these stoves is: the knob turns 360 degrees? You'd think that at 180 degrees, the burner is 50% on, right? Nope! After 30* you have 100% of the heat. So trying to get a simmer on a small pot takes me some time to get the flame low enough... its just annoying, lol.

But most other stoves are $200+ its worth the "hassle"

BlackDog1

Rank II

Enthusiast III

The Mitt
First Name
John
Last Name
C
Member #

Love my coleman 2 burner-closes nice and slim to stuff about anywhere. Only prob I had was a blocked burner so only half of the burner worked-quick shot of compressed air took care of that. Idid by a camp chef model for a higher btu rating but its bulkier so I'm sticking with the coleman.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
So I actually went ahead and grabbed one from Walmart yesterday for the same price it was on Amazon. I'm thrilled it fits PERFECTLY in the case I will be turning into my chuck box! I will put together my chuck box so that this actually straps into the lid of the box and the rest of my kitchen and some of the pantry go in the deeper part of the box.
2021-02-03 10.47.42.jpg

cgranier

Rank VI

Trail Blazer II

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Carlos
Last Name
Granier
Member #

So I actually went ahead and grabbed one from Walmart yesterday for the same price it was on Amazon. I'm thrilled it fits PERFECTLY in the case I will be turning into my chuck box! I will put together my chuck box so that this actually straps into the lid of the box and the rest of my kitchen and some of the pantry go in the deeper part of the box.
View attachment 186367
That's awesome. Which box is that? I have one of the black/yellow Home Depot totes and it fits great in there, along with all my BBQ and kitchen stuff.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
That's awesome. Which box is that? I have one of the black/yellow Home Depot totes and it fits great in there, along with all my BBQ and kitchen stuff.
It's a SKB wheeled case I scored about 13 years ago for free!