Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
It is a lifetime membership. No annual renewal. I wouldn't mind if there was an annual fee to help support the site.

Reactions: Kent R

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

It is a lifetime membership. No annual renewal. I wouldn't mind if there was an annual fee to help support the site.
This is not entirely true. Only members that signed up before the end of June, I believe, are grandfathered in for lifetime membership. All new memberships are annual.

Alfonso Rojas

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
First Name
Alfonso
Last Name
Rojas
Member #

This is not entirely true. Only members that signed up before the end of June, I believe, are grandfathered in for lifetime membership. All new memberships are annual.
Ah so I barely missed it! The way I look at it, even though so far I haven’t benefited(not to say it’s not worth it) since I’ve signed up, the information I’ve received thus far is worth it to me. Sure you can get information without becoming a member, but becoming a member I feel is my way to help support this group and ensure it goes on.

Brett L.

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
LaForest
Member #

Sorry, I had no idea.
No need to apologize. And I agree with your statement regarding your willingness to pay an annual membership fee. I wouldn't be too upset if they decided to make the annual membership a requirement for all members. It takes a lot of work to run this site and time and resources do not come free.

2018 Titan Strong

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM, USA
First Name
Dee
Last Name
Thomas
Member #

Exactly, no need for apologies! That's why we are here on this site. I only knew because I recently joined also (this week) and had read it. This is actually the only group forum I'm a member of also and find it interesting

Reactions: Kent R and Brett L.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

Looks like the the "sign ups before June" was not annual as it's said in these posts.

I just checked the app out and have mapping restricted.

A tad disappointed, but not angry as I understand that are incurring development costs. I would have liked it if the "lifetime membership" just wasn't advertised at all so I couldn't be disappointed all together.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Looks like the the "sign ups before June" was not annual as it's said in these posts.

I just checked the app out and have mapping restricted.

A tad disappointed, but not angry as I understand that are incurring development costs. I would have liked it if the "lifetime membership" just wasn't advertised at all so I couldn't be disappointed all together.
When you bought the “lifetime” (legacy) membership, there wasn’t an app at that point in time. When the app became available on July 1st of 2020, an annual membership was born called the “Adventure Tier”; The Expedition Tier only just recently went live which requires a different level of membership because of the added features.

Reactions: Billiebob

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I'm only here for the forum, mostly for new build, gear ideas plus a bit of back ground for trip planning and "legislation" regarding overlanding. I'm not an ap guy.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'm only here for the forum, mostly for new build, gear ideas plus a bit of back ground for trip planning and "legislation" regarding overlanding. I'm not an ap guy.
And you are also a “Legacy” member. So most of the app stuff wouldn’t be of much use to you any ways.

jcx03

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

los angeles
First Name
joseph
Last Name
c
Member #

When you bought the “lifetime” (legacy) membership, there wasn’t an app at that point in time. When the app became available on July 1st of 2020, an annual membership was born called the “Adventure Tier”; The Expedition Tier only just recently went live which requires a different level of membership because of the added features.

I got it clarified with Michael over email. What I essentially understand is now what you said. I now see that there is an annual membership, over the "lifetime" (legacy) membership.

When it was advertised, I presumed that I'd have continued access to mapping for the app, but I was wrong.

Reactions: M Rose