Rank 0

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Alberto
Last Name
Aday
Hey all!

I am new to overlanding and have been watching a ton of videos. I do want to get my truck within 6 months and I do want a full sized truck for my family.

I am debating of getting a LT Trail Boss Silverado 2.7 because of the tech (I am a tech person) as it’s similar in price to Custom Trail boss 5.3.

As the title says, is the 2.7 turbo boost 4 cylinder Silverado capable with all the equipment and gas tanks and water tanks or should I get the 5.3 v8?

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
No.

That GM is very consumer grade, and my friends has been extremely unreliable.

For fullsize, I recommend the Ford f250 fx4 or Tremor. Or the RAM 2500.

The Ford will have a rear elocker option, and a tough locker ready front axle. The Ram has lockers available, and a front axle upgrade and freespin kit available.

Both trucks can fit 35" tires stock.

Reactions: 19mystic96

albert_ooo

Rank 0

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Alberto
Last Name
Aday
No.

That GM is very consumer grade, and my friends has been extremely unreliable.

For fullsize, I recommend the Ford f250 fx4 or Tremor. Or the RAM 2500.

The Ford will have a rear elocker option, and a tough locker ready front axle. The Ram has lockers available, and a front axle upgrade and freespin kit available.

Both trucks can fit 35" tires stock.
I cannot afford either. I do work remotely and would like a new truck. I would look more into others like Tacoma then instead of

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
They should be priced similar to anything out there if you cut the flab from them. My 2017 F250 xl ccsb fx4 was $38k otd.

Truck market is imploding. Especially the Ram 2500.