IPad Mounts

• HTML tutorial

AndyMKE

Rank I

Enthusiast I

At the top of this web page I have given there is a place to enter make of car it will take you to a chart
If the link above isn't working right under custom mounts in the side bar to the left it will take you to the page asking the make of your car.
Thank You. I see it now. I was looking at the link from your earlier post for the FJ mount. I was also looking on the Ram mount website and didn't see a search by vehicle option. I am up to speed now.

Reactions: Terry Pickens

Colo14er

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ulrich
Navigation gone mad :tongueclosed: - this was the set up for a navigation challenge event in the Mits L200 (Triton). L to R Netbook running MS Autoroute (yes, still use it ...) and a trip meter app a mate built, Ipad running a whole variety of nav apps (Garmin, Memory Map, Motion X), and a Garmin Oregon running Garmin street level and Memory Map. Needless to say we didn't get lost!!! Maybe not on the right road or track, but never lost :sunglasses:

Ipad mount is the same one as now used in the Defender - see above - the suction mount can be seen below the Ipad.

I was able to modify the Ram mount HD pole and universal base to perfectly fit a 4runner seat mount. Im not sure what the FJC seat feet look like but I’m sure you could make it fit you’re application as well. Running a 12.9” iPad Pro and almost no vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Nice setup. I’m doing my 4Runner the same way. I tried a cheaper mount off eBay for $15 to see if I liked using my iPad and found it really helpful. Can’t wait to get the Ram amount setup now.

Reactions: Spadi_5

reh8388

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hagen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2REH
I have a Panavise, as well, that I use to mount a Ram Mount Tab Tite cradle. I'm really happy with the set up.
I have a Panavise mount holding a Ram Mount Tab Tite cradle mounted to their roto-adapter in my 2011 FJ and like it a lot. I can get a picture of it later today if you'd be interested in seeing what it looks like.

reh8388

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Hagen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K2REH
I would def be interested in seeing your set up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using OB Talk mobile app

I keep forgetting the grab the iPad but this is my mount in my 2011 FJ for an iPad mini 3. It is a Ram Mount TabTite cradle with the roto-view attachment. It is mounted to the FJ with the panavise in dash mount which is super simple to install.

Last edited:

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

I keep forgetting the grab the iPad but this is my mount in my 2011 FJ for an iPad mini 3. It is a Ram Mount TabTite cradle with the root-view attachment. It is mounted to the FJ with the panavise in dash mount which is super simple to install.
I love it. I have an ipad air. So it will nkt take up so much space.

Rubyredfozzy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Fort Mitchell, AL, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Navigation gone mad :tongueclosed: - this was the set up for a navigation challenge event in the Mits L200 (Triton). L to R Netbook running MS Autoroute (yes, still use it ...) and a trip meter app a mate built, Ipad running a whole variety of nav apps (Garmin, Memory Map, Motion X), and a Garmin Oregon running Garmin street level and Memory Map. Needless to say we didn't get lost!!! Maybe not on the right road or track, but never lost :sunglasses:

Ipad mount is the same one as now used in the Defender - see above - the suction mount can be seen below the Ipad.

I love your set up. Its a bit much for what i want but i love what you have. Reminds me of a police car or a military vehicle.

Reactions: nickburt

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Ram mounts are the way to go . I have one mounted in my Jeep to hold my I pad to use Gaia & works exceptional. They have vehicle specific mounts as well as universal. Just my 2 cents worth.

burak47

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

11130 173A Avenue Northwest, Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Burak
Member #

View attachment 49115 image.jpg image.jpg
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good ipad mountimage.jpg ? Either vehicle specific (2010 FJ Cruiser) or universal. Appreciate it!
I mounted my iPad with a $2 picture frame and so far out of any other mount this is the best. Couple pieces of heavy duty Velcro and for $8 total nothing beats it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Drifterman

Dcwn.45

Rank IV

Member I

Minnesota
First Name
David
Last Name
Nyman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0GNE
AEEA9B23-B248-4FE1-84CA-9613945F764A.jpeg Not am ipad but same idea
I used Goop t0 glue a Ram ball to the dash and got a cheap skin from Amazon for the tablet and glued (Goop)a Ram ball to the back and it works great,very solid.
I can get better pics later if anyone wants.

Last edited: