Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Was hoping for more outdoor gear. It was mostly fishing. Oh well, it was still fun.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Took the wife and daughter to Credit Island today. That place is finally getting some needed attention. I think we'll be spending some weekend days there this summer grilling and enjoying the outdoors.

Advocate II

Yea the city finished restoring the lodge, put in a new playground, cleaned up a lot of the parting area. Its a lot nicer now, lets just hope we can avoid a flood this year. Have to let me know one weekend. I'll bring the wife and kids out and we can have a meet up.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yea the city finished restoring the lodge, put in a new playground, cleaned up a lot of the parting area. Its a lot nicer now, lets just hope we can avoid a flood this year. Have to let me know one weekend. I'll bring the wife and kids out and we can have a meet up.
Sounds good. Wish I had taken my camera. Been awhile since I've been down there. We walked on the new(ish) bridge. Maybe if next weekend is nice, we can head on down there. I know my daughter would love to stretch her legs after being cooped up this winter. Would be fun to just get out and do some hiking around and photographing.

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
Hey there, I just saw this. I thought I was the only one from Iowa following Overland Bound! Representing Iowa City here. This is a tough area to overland in. I have come across some maps of eastern Iowa gravel/level B roads that are fun trips created by people into dual sport. Have done some of it but not all. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can share.

Reactions: ShawnR

SteveR

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marion, Iowa
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Richmond
Here are the routes that were sent to me. Like I said I have done a little bit but not all of it. I started over in Amana and headed west for the day. I believe it actually starts closer to Chicago.

Attachments

Reactions: Derek50 and ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey there, I just saw this. I thought I was the only one from Iowa following Overland Bound! Representing Iowa City here. This is a tough area to overland in. I have come across some maps of eastern Iowa gravel/level B roads that are fun trips created by people into dual sport. Have done some of it but not all. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can share.
Glad to see another Iowan on here. I'm from the Quad Cities. And yes, not a lot going on around here. lol

Reactions: SteveR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Here are the routes that were sent to me. Like I said I have done a little bit but not all of it. I started over in Amana and headed west for the day. I believe it actually starts closer to Chicago.
I need to download a program to my chromebook or tablet so I can view these. Any recommendations on a program? I want to set up my Galaxy Tab4 with maps so I can plot courses.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
back country navigator seems to be the popular one. I plan on buying it ($12) for my LG tablet that sits around.
I'll check that out. I have a Samsung tablet and Chromebook. I want an app that can be used on both. I'll have to see if it works on my Macbook Pro as well.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

cool, I joined.

I had frost on my tent this morning. Camped out with some guys at our local Izzack Walton league (gun range).

Reactions: ShawnR