Launch Member

Influencer II

College Station, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

Howdy everyone! My wife and I will be in from Texas next week to spend a few days visiting with family. We are looking for an off-road park with decent camping and vehicle-capable trails. We have a Tan 2019 Toyota Tacoma OR 4x4. It is modified with an aftermarket 3" suspension on 33's, full armor, regeared, winch, and front and rear lockers. Additionally, we have a decent overland setup. (Pic below for reference) We are capable and comfortable with mid to higher-level trail ratings but are not looking for trails where you can expect damage. Those days are over, and we must drive back to Texas. We are experienced and mature enough to know when not to attempt an obstacle but confident enough to try new challenges worth attempting. I only add this to provide a level of experience for everyone's input. I apologize if I come across arrogantly; it is not my intent. My motto is I can always learn something new from someone. I have looked at Windrock Offroad Park and Adventure Offroad Park. Does anyone have input on either of these parks? Is there a better experience you could point us to? Would anyone be willing to meet up for some offroading and overlanding March 21st - 23rd? (I can create an event) Thanks in advance, and we hope to meet some of you out on the trails.

386516777_1798457777275613_5468190205020665915_n.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

bcmedicxj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Vonore, TN, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRKP 397 Groundhog
Service Branch
EMS
Check out : www.windrockpark.com. It is in Oliver Springs, TN just outside of Knoxville. Windrock has over 500mi of trails from beginner to rockcrawler. Also, they have camping onsite. Just outside of Chattanooga in South Pittsburg, TN is www.adventureoffroadpark.com. I've never been there but i understand it is highly recomended. East Tennessee also has a lot of forest service roads near Tellico Plains, TN that run into North Carolina with boondock camping and pay camping sites available. Hope you have a great trip.

Reactions: Medcomm