britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I'll be there with bells on. Not sure what rig yet, I can be there any time if you need help setting up, Steve.
It looks like 5 hrs going into WA and 6 going up 95 towards CdA and North, anyone know of a reason to not go through Spokane, e.g. construction?

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Yep, shouldn't be a problem when the white stuff is gone.

Darrin, thoughts on a new radio?

Crapitecture

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Spokane, WA
Member #

@britz - Avoid Monroe street, it’s tore up. Division street is also about to get torn into as well. My recommendation is to take Maple street north.

Steve- I decided on the GT3-WP. I bought 2 of them. I really wanted the waterproofing since I do a lot of fishing and kayaking. Should be here before the trip. I also splurged and bought x-bulls and a compressor setup.

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I'll be there with bells on. Not sure what rig yet, I can be there any time if you need help setting up, Steve.
It looks like 5 hrs going into WA and 6 going up 95 towards CdA and North, anyone know of a reason to not go through Spokane, e.g. construction?
"With Bells on"... Now this I have to see... lol

Not sure, if we'll be able to hit the WA repeaters from the camp. 147.200, + offset , 136.5 Tone
I'll have that dialed up as well as 146.460

Go and RSVP on the rally point page.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone for a campfire style meet and greet.

Reactions: britz

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
@britz - Avoid Monroe street, it’s tore up. Division street is also about to get torn into as well. My recommendation is to take Maple street north.

Steve- I decided on the GT3-WP. I bought 2 of them. I really wanted the waterproofing since I do a lot of fishing and kayaking. Should be here before the trip. I also splurged and bought x-bulls and a compressor setup.
Darrin,
Did you get a programing cable? that looks like it's different than mine. You will need one.
Let me know when you arrive and we can get together and do some radio programing.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
"With Bells on"... Now this I have to see... lol

Not sure, if we'll be able to hit the WA repeaters from the camp. 147.200, + offset , 136.5 Tone
I'll have that dialed up as well as 146.460

Go and RSVP on the rally point page.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone for a campfire style meet and greet.
I thought I RSVPd a ways back, it keeps throwing me in a vicious circle; says I'm good to go, but I don't see my thumbnail show up in the cool kids group. Ill try again tomorrow. I'll be the Cousin Eddie rolling in, I guess.

Thanks for the heads up on the alt ham channel, I'll program it in on the radios.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Per our 5/20 telecon, I'll be able to bring my little stereo cooler/solar generator with small PV panel instead of pics as we discussed. It's lived on my ATV for close to three years, so it's not pretty, but has taken several flying rolls into the woods and still cranking. I'm certainly no expert on solar, but obviously a heavy end user being offgrid and hopefully give people some ideas on integrating solar into their kits and calculating load demands. If I can build something, anyone can.

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
is anyone bringing their dog? I have a very friendly 4 yr old fat yellow lab who just lost his girl two weeks ago and could use some k9 interaction. I can just the same leave him with the rest of the crew here at the cabin to help reduce codependency on me.

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm probably not seeing this right, but does anyone have a rally point for this weekend that isn't in the middle of the US. I'm heading out sat, morning but other then the camp ground is in Idaho, not clear as to where it is. Anybody have a grid or GPS location or the name of the campground so I can Google Earth?

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I'm probably not seeing this right, but does anyone have a rally point for this weekend that isn't in the middle of the US. I'm heading out sat, morning but other then the camp ground is in Idaho, not clear as to where it is. Anybody have a grid or GPS location or the name of the campground so I can Google Earth?
Pend orielle county Park. Between Newport and Spokane on highway 2. We were trying to fix the Kansas thing and now it's moved the pin on that resource map.

Steve Marchiando
North Idaho

Sandpoint Steve

Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Pend Oreille County Park
Newport, WA 99156

https://goo.gl/maps/L3hsjxebiQA2

Steve Marchiando
North Idaho

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Thanks, heading out early want to drive over Chewellah peak.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
We’re leaving pretty soon. We have to stop for a few things. Should I grab firewood?

RyuKyuRvr

Rank V

Enthusiast III

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Makinson
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
On my way to camp, just got as far south as Colville, still nearly 2 hours away!

Reactions: Crapitecture