scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
looking for an inexpensive 5lb bottle mount for propane bottle for my bed rack... I'd prefer one that locks the bottle in, or uses at least 2-3 of the larger SS hose clamp style with rubber isolator pad... I plan to leave it in place on the rack, and get a longer hose to feed my stoves regulator. looking to keep the tank inboard of the rack, and leave the outside space for recovery & water rotopax, or waterport..

Reactions: H&B Adventures

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
If your tank is 8” diameter like some are, then a 20# fire extinguisher bracket should work. I had to adjust the closing strap on mine. Less than $50, versus paying the overland tax.

scott17818

Rank IV

Influencer II

Midcoast Maine
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Charlton
I'm looking for it to fit on here.... nothing mounted other than RTT atm.. but I do plan to add maxtrax, and a double rotopax water and gas cans. it will free up space in my bed & camping boxes so I only carry 1 spare (emergency 1lb bottle instead of 5 of them packed in a plano box.... also looking to afix a table to some sort of mount that hangs under the rtt on the underside of the rack... most options I have seen are stupid expensive, its a table.. I'm not spending $500-700 for a table...
192316429_10165524052705038_7065938619871205027_n.jpg

Attachments

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
You can spend more but I use two square milk crates each holds a 5lb propane bottle. Couple of ratchet straps through the bottle handles to the roof rack frame and bob-your-uncle...

obchristo

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Christo
Last Name
Kuzmich

Tackleberry

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Michigan
First Name
Derrin
Last Name
Derrick
Member #

I'm looking for the same sort of thing. I'm currently using a 9-inch 11 lb tank, but usually the same diameter as 5 lb from what I see. I'm thinking of mounting to the tongue of my trailer. Why is everything so dang expensive? I considered just ratchet strapping it down, but would prefer a base of some sort. I don't want the steel tank bouncing on the aluminum tongue and buggering it up too bad or worse - moving around.

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Popular question today.

I made a mount for my 5#; Land Rover 109 propane tank mount

I think you could do something like this and keep the bottle inside the rack framework.DSCF5249.JPGDSCF5216.JPG

LRdisco1

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Doyle
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter
Reactions: genocache

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I use a garage tool mount hook from Home Depot (7.00), a ratchet strap (4.00), a velco strap (5.00) and a long shank master lock (14.00). It's been attached to the bed rack for about 6 months, no problem.

I have a 12' hose for connections.

View attachment 207761
View attachment 207762
View attachment 207763
View attachment 207766
View attachment 207767
I went a simlar setup using a ladder holder, big quick fists, and a locking tie down to keep my tank from being stolen.

Attachments

Reactions: Commish1999

genocache

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

It hooks on the bottom lip of the tank and uses 1 or 2 hose clamps to secure it. I thought it was rather elegant in it's simplicity actually.

I agree very simple. I'd like to see the bottom hinge up out of the way when not holding a bottle. With the one I made I use a bolt to hold the top ring so no straps or hose clamps to keep track of. My base is bolted on and doesn't stick out too far when MT. Gotta think outside the box sometimes, and Flame King seems to have. I don't see it on their website.??

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Does that lock the tank on somehow? For $95 I like mine better.......
At first, I thought that was made byFlame King, But, it is clearly not. The two pictures fail to show what you really get and it’s clear there is an overland-tax. You can’t even tell what kind of mounting configuration this mount requires.

Reactions: genocache