Indiana Members, check in here.

• HTML tutorial

mpwilson27

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone! My name in Michael and I'm currently in Bloomington. Just gathering info right now on what I might want for my rig. I've got a 1978 cj5 that's currently in Texas. It'll make it's way up here in May. I've been camping, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors my whole life. Only been in Indiana for a year and a half. I'm 38, married, have a 4 year old daughter, and a couple of old crochety dogs.

Looking forward for getting out and exploring!

Reactions: huf67

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! My name in Michael and I'm currently in Bloomington. Just gathering info right now on what I might want for my rig. I've got a 1978 cj5 that's currently in Texas. It'll make it's way up here in May. I've been camping, hiking, and enjoying the outdoors my whole life. Only been in Indiana for a year and a half. I'm 38, married, have a 4 year old daughter, and a couple of old crochety dogs.

Looking forward for getting out and exploring!
Welcome to Indiana. Your in the best area of the State. There's a lot of parks, woods, lakes and recreation areas around you, enjoy them.

huf67

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Terre Haute, IN, USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Schinkel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9HUF
Hi everyone !! Jay, KC9QOW from Terre Haute. I've bought a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland HO 4.7 a couple of years ago before I even knew what true overlanding was so I guess you could say that I was destined to overland !!

I've always enjoyed the outdoors but haven't really gotten back into it since I was a kid until a couple of years ago when I went backpacking in Glacier National Park. And thru my research for that trip did I stumble across overlanding videos and a whole new world opened up to me.

Unfortunately my job has me rotating between all 3 shifts each week and I'm literally in the plant 7 days a week except for 1 day a month so it doesn't allow me much free time to go anywhere for any length of time.

On my vacations the last couple of years I've ventured out west to the Rockies, the Grand Canyon, various other national parks, New Mexico, Arizona, and so many other places. I've put some serious seat time in getting from place to place to make the best of my time, so I never really got to stay in any one place for long. That's where overlanding has really caught my eye. I got into the national park system by watching a documentary about people who were kids in the 30's and 40's and who their parents would take them on month long vacations to all these new national parks so overlanding and mother nature have been in my blood and I just didn't know it until now.

I'll be 52 this year, divorced, 2 daughters, 4 grand kids and I'm ready to make up for lost time. I've gone thru this thread and only saw somebody from Brazil but no Terre Haute overlanders. I'd be curious to know if there's anyone around my area.

Heading out to Colorado, Utah, and the Grand Canyon with my oldest grandson this year for some camping. Sadly we'll be doing it from a rental car but should still be fun !!!

Member #16420IMG_20190317_170544-01.jpegIMG_20190127_155753.jpg

Last edited:

sasquatchoverlanding

Local Expert, Indiana USA

Inventor II

Whiteland, IN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kephart
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRMM229
Service Branch
US Army
Hey everyone! Names Jason from Central Indiana. New to the Overlanding Community but not to off roading activities. I'm currently setting up my daily driver a 14 Toyota Tundra SR5 with TRD Package for more adventures. I also have a background in public safety, military, and wilderness survival. Looking forward to Future events!

Reactions: Ram12 and DanW

JoeSmith1696

Rank IV
Launch Member

Steward I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YJY
Hey all just wanted to pop back in I dont really know where to post this so I'll post it here for now. Any and every overlander that is interested check this out.

The CERT program educates volunteers about disaster preparedness for the hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. This is a 21-hour class and participants need to be present each day to receive credit for attending the course.

I will be attending the course in november I feel as most of our rigs are more than capable of going almost anywhere it would be good to have the knowledge they have to offer.

Attachments

Motoboss

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Martinsville, Indiana, USA
Member #

Hey all just wanted to pop back in I dont really know where to post this so I'll post it here for now. Any and every overlander that is interested check this out.

The CERT program educates volunteers about disaster preparedness for the hazards that may impact their area and trains them in basic disaster response skills, such as fire safety, light search and rescue, team organization, and disaster medical operations. This is a 21-hour class and participants need to be present each day to receive credit for attending the course.

I will be attending the course in november I feel as most of our rigs are more than capable of going almost anywhere it would be good to have the knowledge they have to offer.
Sounds interesting. Have a date for the November class?

Crossoverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis, IN
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Manners
Member #

67424072_156308565425691_6956424899678167479_n.jpg65313365_1994018577365266_5311115189972539374_n.jpg65395272_389858821877470_9093956479953115676_n.jpg
Scottie from Indy here. 1 year left for my Architecture masters at Ball State.
Love dirtbiking at Haspin Acres, Turkey Bay, Badlands.
Always mountain biking in Indy, Anderson, and New Castle
Kayaking in Muncie, Indy and Brookville.
And camping just about anywhere.
Taken my Highlander off the pavement on some gravel and dirt trails, took it to Interlake up some pretty rocky stuff. Mostly just haul all my toys

Slowly adding to it, roof rack, light pods, raptor lights, next up...17" bronze wheels and A/T's
Eventually will probably buy a 4th gen 4runner as a toy and keep my daily from the abuse.

Would love to do some gravel roads down in Charles Deam/Yellowood. And explore Daniel Boone in KY.

Last edited:

A70Boostfiend

Rank 0

Traveler I

Indiana
First Name
Chris
Last Name
G
View attachment 109932View attachment 109934View attachment 109933
Scottie from Indy here. 1 year left for my Architecture masters at Ball State.
Love dirtbiking at Haspin Acres, Turkey Bay, Badlands.
Always mountain biking in Indy, Anderson, and New Castle
Kayaking in Muncie, Indy and Brookville.
And camping just about anywhere.
Taken my Highlander off the pavement on some gravel and dirt trails, took it to Interlake up some pretty rocky stuff. Mostly just haul all my toys

Slowly adding to it, roof rack, light pods, raptor lights, next up...17" bronze wheels and A/T's
Eventually will probably buy a 4th gen 4runner as a toy and keep my daily from the abuse.

Would love to do some gravel roads down in Charles Deam/Yellowood. And explore Daniel Boone in KY.
Im always down for the road less traveled. I have been struggling to find public access paths that fit that description

Crossoverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis, IN
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Manners
Member #

Im always down for the road less traveled. I have been struggling to find public access paths that fit that description
I've been putting together a map of some GPX files I am finding here My Maps. And some offroad parks as well that I have been to. Take a look here near Brown County/ Yellowood, that is a lot of gravel road. or hop on gravelmap.com

Reactions: DanW