Indiana Members, check in here.

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Lets use this thread to check in and tell a little about yourself, your rig, your adventures and, if you'd like your location (This is for Indiana so try to live here)..

My name is Jordan, I am 25, married w/2 kids (1yr old and 3yr old, both boys) I work for John Deere.
My rig is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ), my build thread is on the bottom of the page for more info on my rig.
I am in Kokomo, IN...

Alright guys lets get this thread going!

http://overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/2004-jeep-wj-red-riding-hood.410/

hardtrailz

Rank V

Advocate II

Indiana
35, married, 2.5 kids(one is still cooking), work for INDOT doing Real Estate. Primary rig is a 2006 Trailblazer, but also have a 91 Burban, 93 V8 ZJ, 88 S-10 of the 4x4 flavor. The fleet is rounded out by a 2005 Grand Caravan, 2009, Chevy Traverse, and a 2002 Chevy Impala.

I am down SE in Indiana about 30 minutes from Cincinnati, but work in downtown Indy daily.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

35, married, 2.5 kids(one is still cooking), work for INDOT doing Real Estate. Primary rig is a 2006 Trailblazer, but also have a 91 Burban, 93 V8 ZJ, 88 S-10 of the 4x4 flavor. The fleet is rounded out by a 2005 Grand Caravan, 2009, Chevy Traverse, and a 2002 Chevy Impala.

I am down SE in Indiana about 30 minutes from Cincinnati, but work in downtown Indy daily.
Hey man, get some Traiblazer pics posted.. I know the guys here would love to see it! I know it is a sexy white beast. lol

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

36 married, no curtain crawlers...yet.
Spent better part of last 20 years working on lake Monroe in Bloomington. Well acquainted with the Charles Deam wilderness which is the only wilderness area in the Hoosier state, unfortunately. There are miles of overgrown two track, problem is the powers that be let horses and hikers have them, no mountain bikes, not motorized vehicles, I see both sides. All of that been said there are a few gravel roads to nice spots in the "Deam" and "yellowwood" st forest. We hike, kayak and boat quite a bit in that area and there is allot of outdoor adventure to be had even if traditional overlandig opportunities are lacking.
I am always happy to answer any questions on the area.
Just moved a hour away but always looking for a excuse to get back, do not despair Indiana residents, there is a wilderness here.
Rides-
01' jeep xj- just sold.
13' f150 4x4 super crew- just bought
12' Mini Countryman all4

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Nice to meet you man! Always nice to see fellow Indiana Overlanders. Btw.. we have a local group ok Facebook; Indiana Overlanders. Check it out!

36 married, no curtain crawlers...yet.
Spent better part of last 20 years working on lake Monroe in Bloomington. Well acquainted with the Charles Deam wilderness which is the only wilderness area in the Hoosier state, unfortunately. There are miles of overgrown two track, problem is the powers that be let horses and hikers have them, no mountain bikes, not motorized vehicles, I see both sides. All of that been said there are a few gravel roads to nice spots in the "Deam" and "yellowwood" st forest. We hike, kayak and boat quite a bit in that area and there is allot of outdoor adventure to be had even if traditional overlandig opportunities are lacking.
I am always happy to answer any questions on the area.
Just moved a hour away but always looking for a excuse to get back, do not despair Indiana residents, there is a wilderness here.
Rides-
01' jeep xj- just sold.
13' f150 4x4 super crew- just bought
12' Mini Countryman all4

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

31 Single, Drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser. I get out when ever I get a chance. Next trip I'm thinking of maybe hitting up some trail in Michigan as a weekend trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel Etter

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Looks like a dead thread, but i'll join in the fun.

Names Cody. 29 yrs old, first kid will be here in June. I'm retired and becoming a stay at home dad.

I have 2 rigs. First is a 2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro "Brutus" and my project is a 1991 F350 Wheeled Coach Type 1 Ambulance "Ambo". I run the website/facebook group Midwest Overlanders.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

31 Single, Drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser. I get out when ever I get a chance. Next trip I'm thinking of maybe hitting up some trail in Michigan as a weekend trip.

Alejandro, you sir aren't single. You are ENGAGED!! lol

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

WHAT A C*CK BLOCK! LOL

I was single when I posted this. Got engaged a month later. Legally I'm still single. Couldn't file my taxes as engaged last time I checked.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Lol...I'll ask your fiance how shes feels about that :hearteyes:

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Lol...I'll ask your fiance how shes feels about that :hearteyes:
I've told her already. I'm pretty straight forward and too blunt at times. It's just how I am. But none the less I am committed to her. I'm not here looking for a date. Maybe in search of a Bromance. Hell your Facebook future said we were destined to get married LMAO! No homo!

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I've told her already. I'm pretty straight forward and too blunt at times. It's just how I am. But none the less I am committed to her. I'm not here looking for a date. Maybe in search of a Bromance. Hell your Facebook future said we were destined to get married LMAO! No homo!

Lol true! According to Facebook you and I are soul-mates (In a straight way lol)

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Hello everyone! I was born and raised in Indiana for the first 18 years before I joined the USCG and stationed in DE. My family lives in Fishers and Carmel so I visit home a couple times a year. I drive a H3 that I outfitted for offroad traveling (posted a build thread about it). I'm trying to get my paretns into Overlanding and off-roading since they always talk about it. They own a new anniversary edition 2015 jeep jku rubicon with every option available from the factory, with the exception of the cigarette lighter(kind of jealous about the electronic sway bar disconnect on it). Do you guys do any trail runs? I'll bring my rig to help coax them into going with theirs. I just need to figure out when I'll be back in that area.

MidwestOverlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indianapolis, IN
Member #

Hello everyone! I was born and raised in Indiana for the first 18 years before I joined the USCG and stationed in DE. My family lives in Fishers and Carmel so I visit home a couple times a year. I drive a H3 that I outfitted for offroad traveling (posted a build thread about it). I'm trying to get my paretns into Overlanding and off-roading since they always talk about it. They own a new anniversary edition 2015 jeep jku rubicon with every option available from the factory, with the exception of the cigarette lighter(kind of jealous about the electronic sway bar disconnect on it). Do you guys do any trail runs? I'll bring my rig to help coax them into going with theirs. I just need to figure out when I'll be back in that area.
Welcome to the group man! Im in Indy myself. Hit me up anytime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Reactions: Daniel Etter

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

You aren't related to an Eli Etter here in Indiana are you? I think he lives in the Delphi/Lafayette area now.
I don't think I'm related to them. I do have some extended family that lives around that area. I won't be able to make it out to the June run because of summer classes but I'll let my dad know. I'll try and get him on the forum and apart of the group!