Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Thecopcar got some deer armor today. It might also be a good spot for other stuff.

Attachments

U

UgotWheelz

Kool planes my grand father built Large Scale R/C planes my entire life. I was the only one in family to not do it I was more interested in R/C cars but never had one in my childhood.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Kool planes my grand father built Large Scale R/C planes my entire life. I was the only one in family to not do it I was more interested in R/C cars but never had one in my childhood.
Better angles on them. I built the biplane about 30 years ago. It has the wings and fuselages for a pair of rubber powered models sitting on it.

the blue and yellow plane is even older, built by my father in law. He passed unfortunately before I met my wife. That’s a 1/12 scale Messerschmitt sitting on it. E0E6BC10-C76A-49D2-B329-83098A1AC9E0.jpeg84BEF771-E8DF-4C6F-BB1C-ACF84548C2B9.jpeg2F3422AF-D438-478E-8330-2F643F3DEFB0.jpeg

Reactions: Ubiety
U

UgotWheelz

Better angles on them. I built the biplane about 30 years ago. It has the wings and fuselages for a pair of rubber powered models sitting on it.

the blue and yellow plane is even older, built by my father in law. He passed unfortunately before I met my wife. That’s a 1/12 scale Messerschmitt sitting on it. View attachment 191514View attachment 191515View attachment 191516
biplane looks like has a similar engine to my old .19 grandpa gave me to attempt a R/C hydroplane boat build from scratch.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
biplane looks like has a similar engine to my old .19 grandpa gave me to attempt a R/C hydroplane boat build from scratch.
It's a Great Planes Sportster Bipe 40, with a Super Tiger 45 ABC. They quit producing them a couple of years after I built it. Ten years later I showed a picture of something to a friend, the bipe was visible. Her hubby asked is that a... Yes it is. Do you still have the plans? Yes I did. I made a copy and sent them over. A year later, the gent had a fine example built from scratch.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Today was time for new front hubs. Start to finish in 2 hours for both, including putting tools away.

it goes quicker with experience. I had to do the same thing on theothertwin a few months ago.

Reactions: RAMXPLR

RAMXPLR

Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

My grandfather soloed in a Curtis-Jenny when Oakland airport was a dirt strip. I fly Boeing 777-300’s around the globe. Personally though, I like American muscle cars and overlanding trucks!

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Been doing stuff to thecopcar for weeks. None of it involving a rooftop tent or skottle so no pics to upset the post police.

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Did a platform to capture some storage volume. Overland Hound seal of approval. I’m not sure how I’ll finish it yet, carpet or paint.

10BFB38F-7FA7-409A-9CA0-81B3ECA47E36.jpegDA7FB713-A233-4E3C-8D90-4A85A8E31056.jpeg71A91680-F4E3-4E80-B2E6-DC4546906607.jpeg6EDD34E4-6655-4FBD-A94A-0A8886B917AE.jpeg395EF59A-6991-4E67-BD02-AAF4F6B55155.jpeg

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Prepping for a longer trip this summer with a few layover days off grid. So, a new 100 watt panel. My teardrop already had a charge controller, so I bought a second one for thecopcar. Connections were configured to allow the panel to go to either one. Now where to store the panel, especially if I’m out without the teardrop. So a trapeze was born to use some empty volume.

Attachments