IMPORTANT!! The BLM wants to close public lands!

• HTML tutorial

nigelsiam

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Naughton
Member #

I have not seen this posted anywhere here or on the Overlandbound IG. This is super important. There is a comment period that the Dept. of Interior (BLM) has to provide and it is very very important that you make your voice heard or they will close down almost 440 miles of trails and with that, they will close off dispersed camping sites. This affects everyone so everyone has to participate. Here is more info about it. Listen to the podcast HERE
And submit your comment to the government HERE: in the "participate now" section to the left. The more you make your comment personal the better such as, "I ride these trails (enter trail here) every year and look forward to continuing to use our public lands in a responsible manner as we have been doing for years" ....Something like that but make it your own.
I hope Michael gets on this to alert everyone if he hasn't already done so.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Overland Bound will be posting on social platforms tomorrow about this, but in the mean time please take a look at the Tread Lightly info about commenting on the plan.

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Everyone should join the Blue Ribbon Coalition. I am a lifetime member and the government has really accelerated trail restrictions since the mid 90s. Lets keep the trails open and enjoy them responsibly.

Correus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Belle Plaine, Kansas, 67013
Member #

The U.N.'s Agenda 21 got it's start in the '70s. It was voted on and accepted in 1992 by the member Nations of the U.N.

Within the Agenda one of the clauses revolves around "the developmental and environmental objectives which requires a conservation of biodiversity, watershed protection, sustainability...".

agenda21web.jpg

Reactions: Ubiety

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Politely remind them that if I dont get to use the forest, then I dont care about the forest.

I doubt I'm alone on that. It's going to be hard to convince my kids to conserve something that may not even exist.

For example: I dont care about coral reefs in China being turned into oil drills and military bases.

nigelsiam

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Naughton
Member #

Overland Bound will be posting on social platforms tomorrow about this, but in the mean time please take a look at the Tread Lightly info about commenting on the plan.
Yeah.....they never did (on any platform even with my prodding and reminding) which in my opinion is extremely disheartening, disappointing, and irresponsible.
So the comment period ends soon, "The BLM is hosting a public comment period for the Labyrinth/Gemini Bridges Travel Management Plant from September 7, 2022 to October 7, 2022."
And TODAY at 5 pm MST "
The BLM will host a virtual public meeting on September 22, 2022 from 5:00-6:30 pm. The meeting will include a presentation about the travel management area, an overview of the alternatives, a demonstration of how to provide written comments, and an opportunity to ask questions. The link to the virtual public meeting is included below.

Webinar Registration - Zoom

I hope this message finds everyone in good health and good mind and we all participate in keeping our public lands open for ALL!

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Yeah.....they never did (on any platform even with my prodding and reminding) which in my opinion is extremely disheartening, disappointing, and irresponsible.
So the comment period ends soon, "The BLM is hosting a public comment period for the Labyrinth/Gemini Bridges Travel Management Plant from September 7, 2022 to October 7, 2022."
And TODAY at 5 pm MST "
The BLM will host a virtual public meeting on September 22, 2022 from 5:00-6:30 pm. The meeting will include a presentation about the travel management area, an overview of the alternatives, a demonstration of how to provide written comments, and an opportunity to ask questions. The link to the virtual public meeting is included below.

Webinar Registration - Zoom

I hope this message finds everyone in good health and good mind and we all participate in keeping our public lands open for ALL!
I have the info from TL and a link to some responses people might be able to use on this page; https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/blm-utah-travel-management-plan-tread-lightly-keys-to-commenting.44641/

I have also put it on all our FB pages in the US

Reactions: nigelsiam

nigelsiam

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Naughton
Member #

I have the info from TL and a link to some responses people might be able to use on this page; https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/blm-utah-travel-management-plan-tread-lightly-keys-to-commenting.44641/

I have also put it on all our FB pages in the US
Thank you Kent...I read through the comments on the forum here but I don't use FB. It's good you posted it there as well. As far as I am concerned I think this is one of the most important decisions that could affect us all. Not only for this designated area but for the many areas to come and for the overall direction that the current agency wants to go....that is to cater to 'environmental' groups and close off as many areas as possible. It is because of this that I have been trying to get this news out at every possible avenue and at every moment. This is extremely crucial. I am still perplexed at why so many so-called 'overlanders' and off-roader 'influencers' have not jumped on their soapbox and alerted everyone to get involved.
Let's do our best....thank you.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you Kent...I read through the comments on the forum here but I don't use FB. It's good you posted it there as well. As far as I am concerned I think this is one of the most important decisions that could affect us all. Not only for this designated area but for the many areas to come and for the overall direction that the current agency wants to go....that is to cater to 'environmental' groups and close off as many areas as possible. It is because of this that I have been trying to get this news out at every possible avenue and at every moment. This is extremely crucial. I am still perplexed at why so many so-called 'overlanders' and off-roader 'influencers' have not jumped on their soapbox and alerted everyone to get involved.
Let's do our best....thank you.
See DM

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I have been on location the last few days in Moab surveying the routes that are subject to closure. We will have some commentary. It is important that we understand the facts which are convoluted at best. The most important thing is to have your voice heard. No one organization is going to swoop in and save all of our public land. It needs long term and consistent effort by all of us. Thank you Kent for helping to distill the info.

Reactions: MazeVX

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
We have found that time is of the essence to get people to act. Our posts are live referring people to essential resources. Thank you all for your efforts and for continuing to raise awareness.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Kklena808

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Politely remind them that if I dont get to use the forest, then I dont care about the forest.

I doubt I'm alone on that. It's going to be hard to convince my kids to conserve something that may not even exist.

For example: I dont care about coral reefs in China being turned into oil drills and military bases.
This is why we can't have nice things. Great way of thinking... smh

Reactions: RangerChris