Rank II

Contributor III

Decatur, IL, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Loy
Member #

Hi everyone. Travis here from central Illinois. I truly hope you guys really mean that it doesn't matter what I drive! Currently I'm driving a 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude.

I've been camping and enjoying the outdoors since I was a little kid but now I'm trying to venture out a little bit more and see what adventures I can find. I really look forward to talking to all of you and picking your brains on the many questions I'll have along the way!

Attachments

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hi everyone. Travis here from central Illinois. I truly hope you guys really mean that it doesn't matter what I drive! Currently I'm driving a 2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude.

I've been camping and enjoying the outdoors since I was a little kid but now I'm trying to venture out a little bit more and see what adventures I can find. I really look forward to talking to all of you and picking your brains on the many questions I'll have along the way!
Welcome to the Outland Community. Glad to have you join us.

Reactions: NCFireGuy

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Hey Travis, Lee from Idaho. Welcome, and it looks like you are a Jeep guy. We won’t hold that against you. Ha! Many would say you are ahead of most of us non-Jeep owners. Lots of knowledge here. We look forward to seeing on the forum and possibly on the trails...

NCFireGuy

Rank VI

Influencer I

West Jefferson, North Carolina, USA
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Bouchard
Member #

Service Branch
Retired Fire/EMS

Wife had a High altitude for years and it was really amazing what it could do. Never be ashamed just do and get out in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr_loy and LRdisco1

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard

There's nothing wrong the the patriot lol. I didn't take mine hard ore rock crawling but I put it through its paces and it handled everything quite well. Unfortunately it was written off so I have a compass trailhawk in its place.
The main this as long as you can get out and enjoy yourself, it really doesn't matter.
IMG_20210528_071535_149.jpgIMG_20210131_074422_549.jpgIMG_20210131_074422_604.jpg

Reactions: mr_loy

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland @James.Laidlaw
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: mr_loy

Graveyard Overland

Rank III

Advocate III

Lovington, Moultrie County, Illinois, United States
First Name
Bennie
Last Name
Hume
Member #

Service Branch
USMC / Nat Guard

Hey Travis, great to see another central Illinoian on here. Maybe we can get together sometime (after this hot spell! lol). I'm not too far from you. (Lovington).

Bennie