Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

I just got the cali raised boxes in the mail. Just need to heat up the shop and get the ditch lights, switch pro, and bed stiffeners put in.
So down for some spring trails!

Reactions: Corey B

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

I know you said that you were trying to get ahold of the Ambassador. That might be hard to do right now since the MW is currently looking for an Ambassador. The MW area of OB seems to have a lot of events over in IN, so it would be great if we could get some things done over in IL, WI, MN, or IA.

SSGJKJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Is any part of the the Trans Wisconsin trail worth a short trip?

Reactions: Lead K9

Bad River Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

I know you said that you were trying to get ahold of the Ambassador. That might be hard to do right now since the MW is currently looking for an Ambassador. The MW area of OB seems to have a lot of events over in IN, so it would be great if we could get some things done over in IL, WI, MN, or IA.
That would be great I really want to start getting out there and planning trips

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Is any part of the the Trans Wisconsin trail worth a short trip?
Depends on what you expect out of it. I drove 5 hours to get to a starting point in Galena, IL and then drove up and did the trail in 3 days of rain and 35-45 degree weather late last fall and drove the 9 hours home on the last day after making it to Superior since my buddies RTT was soaked and it was supposed to get down to the single digits and snow that night. I enjoyed it. Really thought the first section of it where you follow the river was pretty. Getting up to Superior and going through the forests was fun and so was the Delta Diner.

It's a trip that's good for a shakedown run or if you want to just take a step back and enjoy the little things.

Reactions: Bad River Runner

Jrahn0822

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wakefield, NE, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Rahn
Member #

Might be taking that trip this year, I can keep you posted. From the research I did a lot of on road and dirt trials, not labeled so you would have to know where your going
Get yourself a Delorme atlas if you're going to do it. I wouldn't do it any other way. I was running a Garmin 64ST along with the atlas and it was great but you had to be zoomed in super far to see your roads most of the time. Taught my fiancé how to navigate better on the trip. I also hilighted the route I was going to take on the atlas which helped big time for her since you get to taking forest roads in the northern sections.

Bad River Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Get yourself a Delorme atlas if you're going to do it. I wouldn't do it any other way. I was running a Garmin 64ST along with the atlas and it was great but you had to be zoomed in super far to see your roads most of the time. Taught my fiancé how to navigate better on the trip. I also hilighted the route I was going to take on the atlas which helped big time for her since you get to taking forest roads in the northern sections.
Awesome thank you so much for the advice and my fiancé could use some practice lol

Vsevolod

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Barrington, Illinois, USA
Member #

Hey ! How are you doing? I'm in north west suburbs of Illinois, Barrington. Would love to meet you guys. Just in case you know, if any one would like to wrench your rigs, let me know ! I have 2 lifts and mechanical shop)

SSGJKJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Hey ! How are you doing? I'm in north west suburbs of Illinois, Barrington. Would love to meet you guys. Just in case you know, if any one would like to wrench your rigs, let me know ! I have 2 lifts and mechanical shop)
I am ordering my new suspension and will be looking to install it. A shop would be awesome and I would love to hang and talk rigs!

Bad River Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Awesome that would be awesome !!... and thank you I definitely would love to do a meet up one of these days

Reactions: Vsevolod

SSGJKJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Elgin IL
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Johnston
Member #

Sure, let me know. We will find a time to help you install it. Do you have tools?
Yep I have tools just need a place. My Truck wont fit my Garage. I'm ordering a bunch of stuff mabey a new bumper also.
I'll let you know, I'm a Scout Leader and the next few weeks are kind of full. Plus shipping parts and all. I'm in Elgin and would also like to just meet up to say hey.

Vsevolod

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Barrington, Illinois, USA
Member #

Yep I have tools just need a place. My Truck wont fit my Garage. I'm ordering a bunch of stuff mabey a new bumper also.
I'll let you know, I'm a Scout Leader and the next few weeks are kind of full. Plus shipping parts and all. I'm in Elgin and would also like to just meet up to say hey.
For sure not a problem, let me know ahead when you need lift and I hold it for you! Shop address is 415 w colfax st. Platine IL 60067

Bushwhacksurvival

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Deibel
Member #

Hey all I haven't been on, now that it's spring anyone want to find some trails?

Bushwhacksurvival

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Deibel
Member #

I'm up near gurnee, was thinking about bong recreation area in Wisconsin, would enough people be able to a meet up for rigs and coffee on a sunday?
Hey man, sorry I didn't see this. Still figuring out the chat. Would you like to meet up maybe and grab some coffee. I'm I. Gurnee pretty often.