Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Ray
We are trying to decide which roof top tent to buy. We are considering the iKamper mini. Any feedback you can give on ikamper is appreciated.

Truckee

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, CA
I have maybe 35 nights in my iKamper. I'd say it is a grade B tent but fills a void of RTT's that nobody else does.... (same as mini). They both provide the most sleeping area for the smallest amount of packed area (amongst hard shell tents). Given the lack of other choices, I'd buy it over again. The company is constantly improving their design though... which I like. A couple more revisions and they'll be golden.

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hey Rocco. So we travel fulltime (about to start our 7th year with no home or property) and have abused our iKamper relentlessly and put it through pretty much every kind of weather and a ton of off road trails. We aren't sponsored by iKamper, but we've been really happy with the product. Though we have the iKamper Skycamp Rocky Black (not the mini and we can't speak to that) but we did write an independent review on our tent if you have any interest in reading: iKamper Skycamp Review.

All the best, let us know what you end up with. ~ Eric

Hyland33

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Leicester, MA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Hyland
Member #

If your looking to save a good chunk of change, roofnest makes a similar tent to the mini that is cheaper. It’s the Condor model.

Lodo

Rank 0

Contributor I

I have had the two man version 2.0 for over a year now and it’s been great. With the 2.0 version they increased the thickness of the sleeping mat. It’s fine as is tho but depending on your size, it can still use some extra padding. I am one of those larger people and find it’s easy enough to use some extra bedding to get me totally comfortable. It’s definitely good as is however. Very satisfied with mine (on an LR4).

Reactions: BJ_OTR

Rocklin Bison

Rank III

Traveler III

Rocklin, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Wolff
Member #

I just found about the Roofnest Condor. It’s 48” x 60” and will fit on my short-bed rack. Other than IKamper Mini it’s the only hard top I have found that won’t hang over the back of my bed. Although still expensive, it’s priced at $3,000 vs. $3500 for Skycamp mini. Problem is there are lots of reviews for iKamper so I feel like I know what I’m getting. There is only one video I can find for the Condor and it’s from the manufacturer. Has anyone had any experience with one? $500 is a chunk of change, but not worth buyIng something I’ll regret.

Reactions: Jason Jackson