Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Help! My TV antennae is out of whack!

1676069760353.png

(From the website)
I used the dropdown to select Support Alert.
Is the page supposed to put up fields to populate further, or just a message?

-Dan

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
There should be fields. First thing I will look at is that all permissions are correct.

@danwyandt could I also get your device, browser, and which link you tried. Thanks. It is most likely a configuration step on our side since this send live yesterday.

Good catch!

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
There should be fields. First thing I will look at is that all permissions are correct.

@danwyandt could I also get your device, browser, and which link you tried. Thanks. It is most likely a configuration step on our side since this send live yesterday.

Good catch!
I have just checked this. Neither in the web version nor in the app I see data fields to fill. Just normal text editor like any other forum entry. Using a Windows 10 machine with firefox browser 109.0.1 (64-Bit). I haven't seen an app update yet either (version 11.15.0.2022100186 on Android) . That's probably still to come, right?

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513

Good catch!
I tried on the latest version of Windows 11 pro/64 bit with Edge browser. I'm away right now so I can't get the versions,

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys, if I go here:

1676153099117.png

The create Support Alert page looks like:

1676153164275.png

You see something different correct? Can you tell me the link you used? The actual url?

Thank you!

M

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey guys, if I go here:

View attachment 249866

View attachment 249867

You see something different correct? Can you tell me the link you used? The actual url?

Thank you!

M
Thank you for the explanation. Yes, this is the way to get a form. That works. I honestly wouldn't have looked under Rally Point for a support alert though (but had tried creating it directly in the sub forum). Now that I know, it's ok. However, it makes me think, because a situation where support is needed, for example, for a recovery, can be a stresssitution for one or the other. This means that the support alert should be intuitive to use. Maybe it makes sense to rethink where this function should be located in the app?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys, if I go here:

View attachment 249866

View attachment 249867

Thank you!

M
Thank you for the explanation. Yes, this is the way to get a form. That works. I honestly wouldn't have looked under Rally Point for a support alert though (but had tried creating it directly in the sub forum). Now that I know, it's ok. However, it makes me think, because a situation where support is needed, for example, for a recovery, can be a stresssitution for one or the other. This means that the support alert should be intuitive to use. Maybe it makes sense to rethink where this function should be located in the app?
Can you tell me where you went? Maybe there are access points that should not exist? Did you go to a create rally ping page first? Thanks!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey guys, if I go here:

View attachment 249866

View attachment 249867

Thank you!

M
Can you tell me where you went? Maybe there are access points that should not exist?
I just went to the support alert subforum and added a new post.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys, if I go here:

View attachment 249866

View attachment 249867

Thank you!

M
Can you tell me where you went? Maybe there are access points that should not exist?
Ooooooooh! Got it. Right. That is just a list of threaded created by the Support Alert system. In the app it is here (see pic) right in the slide out menu, and by creating a Rally Point and selecting Support Alert as the type. You need the new build when it is realized (next few hours/days).

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hey guys, if I go here:

View attachment 249866

View attachment 249867

Thank you!

M
Ooooooooh! Got it. Right. That is just a list of threaded created by the Support Alert system. In the app it is here (see pic) right in the slide out menu, and by creating a Rally Point and selecting Support Alert as the type. You need the new build when it is realized (next few hours/days).
Ahhhh, OK, perfect!!! Thank you! Looking forward to the new build!

• Love

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
So @Michael am I correct in that there will be only the one place (RP's) to create a request?

Jim
There are multiple ways to create a Support Alert. Open to suggestions. location is easy to change/add for the most part.

Web:
- By selecting "Support Alert" in the drop down menus under the Rally Point menu.

App:
- In the slide out menu
- By creating a rally point and selecting "Support Alert" as the Rally Point type.

1676222486858.png

1676222551605.png

1676222588081.png