If you had one day in Brisbane...

• HTML tutorial

Bluesky_07

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

I will be visiting Brisbane in mid-April and will have one or perhaps two weekend days free. Seeking suggestions on recommended activities/places to see in or near the city, preferably outdoors. For example, are there opportunities to rent a 4x4 and go off-roading, or perhaps take a 4x4 tour?

I will be researching this of course but any insight or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

bjy10

Australia Regional Director

Member III

Collingwood Park, Queensland, Australia
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Young
Member #

Thanks, my free day(s) will be Saturday, 14Apr and possibly Sunday the 15th.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I may possibly be doing a weekend away on those dates. If youre on facebook join the QLD regional group and we can try to organise something!

Sent from my SM-G935F using OB Talk mobile app

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Sunday 15th would be ideal...more people available...and no vehicle required...you can be a passenger and photo / video at will...lot's of opportunities there...you can return to Brisbane early afternoon (where will you be based ?) @Bluesky_07

Bluesky_07

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

I think the 15th will be fine. That is an incredibly kind offer - let me think about it as the driving is very fun but it would also be pleasant to just ride along.

Lodging is still being arranged (not by me) but I anticipate being in the general vicinity of Bowen Hills.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Bluesky_07

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

I am absolutely amazed by what my simple original post morphed into - an unforgettable excursion with my new friends from OB Queensland. Blake and Luis picked me up at my hotel in downtown Brisbane and we were joined at the rally point by 16 more OB Queensland members and their vehicles and a total of 40+ people! Blake was even generous enough to insist I drive his Pajero on the trail and Luis cooked up a great lunch before we hiked down to the beautiful Queen Mary Falls.

As I understand it, OB founder @Michael was also a guest of QB Queensland on the Condamine River trail. Honored to be the 2nd person from outside the chapter to accompany them on a trip.

At the rally point:

Yep, 14 glorious times:

Some of the scenery left me feeling right at home. Those in the OB Southeast chapter can attest that this looks remarkably like the north Georgia mountains near my home outside Atlanta:

Luis took this pic of me taking the wheel, with Blake in the background:

A small part of the group takes on one of the crossings:

One always has to be aware of traffic:

Approaching one of the first crossings:

Luis cooking lunch and showing off the group's excellent taste in tablecloths:

Queen Mary Falls:

I suppose it's unusual for a new OB member to go out with a chapter halfway around the world before getting together with their own chapter, but that's how it worked out due to my business travel schedule. OB Queensland treated me like one of their own and I can't thank them enough for their hospitality and the gifts of an OB Q patch and decal. I put the decal to good use when I arrived home and it will serve as a reminder of an absolutely incredible day.

To me, this experience exemplifies everything spelled out in the founding principles and everything OB is about. So glad a random post on t4r.org caught my eye and led me to check out the OB website.

Needless to say, the red carpet awaits any OB Q members whose travels take them to north Georgia. Thanks again!