If you can't leave it better than you found it, just don't go.

• HTML tutorial

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Here is the guy who did the custom 3D printing I needed: Hobbykeep

There is a "contact me" button on that page. Talk to him about what you have as a worn out part and what he needs in order to make a replacement. I expect he will need the measurement of the ball socket on the window arms and the measurement of the channel on the window itself (width and height of channel). The quality of the finished product will depend on the quality of your measurements. If you don't own calipers/micrometers you might want to look into at least borrowing some for the sake of this. I expect this part to need some flexibility/stretch in order to fit over the ball on the arms. You will need to talk to him about material options. I used Delrin when I made mine, but I have no idea if Delrin can be 3D printed, or if it can if it retains its elasticity.

3D printing certainly does open up a world of possibilities when it comes to needing replacement parts. Or to adding new functionality to old designs.
Thank you Anak, I will contact him, I am able to give him accurate measurements.
If he can make them I could probably sell a few thousand to other people looking for these rollers.
If he can make them it will be interesting to find out what the cost would be. I will order 12 just to
find out. I have no way to save your OB messages . How could I contact you in the future when this thread runs it's course.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
as I am concerned the government should have abandoned the city of New Orleans and kept it flooded . :smile:
ha! true, but poo floats...and just like a stopped up toilet, its gotta go somewhere!

The OP is about "leaving it better than you found it"...wonder how that would apply to visiting New Orleans? Every tourist could clean a 3'X3' area of piss stained sidewalk and take a full trash bag home with them along with their souvenir daiquiri mug and Mardi Gras beads...

Last edited:

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
I hate to tell you this but what you say here is exactly what I myself said to you in the statement above. Modular engines and computers combined to be more efficient yet a bonus of higher horsepower, were developed after EPA put mandates on the auto industry. Older style engines have benefited from the computer age on horsepower but fail the emission test because the modular design is needed to improve emissions. Combine all that with turbo technology and horsepower goes through the roof while emissions stay low. So WE are in total agreement about the EPA causing the auto industry to think out of the tank and come up with something better, although EPA was only interested in lowering emissions, we gained as consumers not by the EPA but what the EPA caused the auto industry to do about the new standards on emission. In other word a bad thing turned out good to the demise of EPA .
I figured we are on the same page, I just wasnt 100% clear about how in my previous comments and felt the need to explain it better. I certainly wasnt disagreeing or implying you didnt see where I was coming from, I was just expounding on my previous comments.
As far as your comment on "to the demise of the EPA", I dont think that is accurate. I think the EPA got a huge win, as did many others as a result of this process. The EPA isnt here to "hamstring" us, they are a regulatory office to push better environmental stewardship. If we as consumers get a more reliable and more powerful engine as an indirect result of what the EPA pushes, I think they would consider that a win as well.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
The values I was raised on hold true. Mix that with the MANY years of Scouts, and it is concrete. Same with making sure the fire is completely out. When I went backpacking at Philmont as a Scout, we'd have to carry our fires ashed maybe an hour down the trail before dumping them. This was another measure at leaving no trace and a practice in making sure fires are out. I have been bugging my kiddos about picking up all trash and not burning it when we camp. At first they grumbled but then when they saw me picking up other peoples trash, they seemed to get the picture. I pick up trash everywhere I go. Sometimes it annoys and embarrasses them, but I know they understand. This initial picture would upset them. They saw me always moving the coals around for it to die out and even dumping water on it. While I can understand not wanting to waste water, especially when there is limited capacity and limited filling spots. Your gear, location, and schedule should dictate what you do. This means either no fire because you can't put it out with water or wait it out.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Can't just let new orleans sink into the ocean.

It would likely poison every reef from here to Oz.

Reactions: grubworm

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
ha! true, but poo floats...and just like a stopped up toilet, its gotta go somewhere!

The OP is about "leaving it better than you found it"...wonder how that would apply to visiting New Orleans? Every tourist could clean a 3'X3' area of piss stained sidewalk and take a full trash bag home with them along with their souvenir daiquiri mug and Mardi Gras beads...
You mean you can actually touch that crap, let alone bring it home. I wouldn't even want to breath their air down there.
During the Madi Gras that city is another Sodom and Gomorrah !