Launch Member

Contributor III

Hesperia
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

As you know, water is weight.. But moving water in a 20 plus gallon tank can be a real problem.. I have and bolt a overland trailer.. Pulled by a 1998 Jeep Cherokee.. A single tank wasn't for me.. I have four 5 gallon containers that I can rotate as used or re filled that are in front of my trailer box and are on the tounge of the trailer.. I also have one 6 gallon container in the rear of trailer plus a 2 gallon Roto Pax that fills a space and two 1 gallons in my jeep..
Just for thought, I have four 2 gallon Roto PAX fuel containers on/in my roof rack.. Spare tire, Jack, shovels etc..
Obviously keeping water weight low in your truck would be best.. Slide out bed base? Take your time.. What works for me or others may not work for you.. Plan first.. Spend $ second..

Attachments

Badazzerus

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Gurley, AL, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Collins
Member #

I like the idea of multiple containers. I am buying a in tech flyer explorer but it has no water supply. Thanks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
i am building a 2018 tundra. I am looking for ideas on water storage. ThanksView attachment 184158
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

As for you question, you might post it on one of the forums that will get you more traction.