AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
It's from Smittybilt. They offer two and I have the larger of the two. Airs all 4 of my 37s at the same time just fine.

I believe it's $170 and the only thing else that out performs it is the ARB dual for $600. At least from what I've seen.
Did you have change the fittings to use your fill system? Reviews mentioned they use proprietary sized fittings. I have the ARB Twin in the portable box but I was thinking about picking one of these up to carry every day and keep the larger ARB for trips.
I did switch out the fittings to standard (same as ARB) and added a pressure switch (same as ARB).

You don’t have to do any of that though for the 4 tire inflation kits. They usually offer the kits with a smitty fitting if you want.

Reactions: Brewbud and DaleRF

K12

Rank VII

Endurance III

Idaho, United States
First Name
Beau
Last Name
K12
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
2015 Ram 1500

Yakima HD bars
Smittybuild overlander tent
2x Rotopax 4 gallon gas cans
4x Rotopax 2 Gallon water containers
Goal Zero Yeti 1500
Goal Zero Boulder 200 solar panel (mounted to slide out under the bars)
270 degree Rigid scene lighting
Deck just outside the tent

Attachments

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
2015 Ram 1500

Yakima HD bars
Smittybuild overlander tent
2x Rotopax 4 gallon gas cans
4x Rotopax 2 Gallon water containers
Goal Zero Yeti 1500
Goal Zero Boulder 200 solar panel (mounted to slide out under the bars)
270 degree Rigid scene lighting
Deck just outside the tent
Hello, fellow Ram owner, from Arizona!
Nice looking rig setup!

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Did you bedline the truck yourself? If so, how was the experience?
I did do the bed liner myself, with the wife’s help. The prep work sucks. Especially doing a color change. Then you’ve got to do the door jams and areas that are hidden. No matter how well you tape it off you’re going to find imperfections when you peel the tape. If it was something completely stripped like a bare jeep tub I don’t think it would have been too bad. I had planned on rolling mine and spraying the jams. Rolling anything with curves and hidden places blows. As soon as I sprayed the door jams, everything got sprayed. So much less hassle. The actual spraying was easy. But the stuff goes everywhere. Everything in your shop will have speckles. Including the wife. Use really good light to tell the spots you might have missed.

Was it a pain in the ass? Absolutely. Was it worth it? I love it. I hope it holds up as advertised. I put extra coats on the rockers and wheel wells to hopefully prevent rock chips. If you can handle the prep work the rest is pretty easy. Will I do it again? 3 more projects already in the planning stages.But not until next year.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
I did do the bed liner myself, with the wife’s help. The prep work sucks. Especially doing a color change. Then you’ve got to do the door jams and areas that are hidden. No matter how well you tape it off you’re going to find imperfections when you peel the tape. If it was something completely stripped like a bare jeep tub I don’t think it would have been too bad. I had planned on rolling mine and spraying the jams. Rolling anything with curves and hidden places blows. As soon as I sprayed the door jams, everything got sprayed. So much less hassle. The actual spraying was easy. But the stuff goes everywhere. Everything in your shop will have speckles. Including the wife. Use really good light to tell the spots you might have missed.

Was it a pain in the ass? Absolutely. Was it worth it? I love it. I hope it holds up as advertised. I put extra coats on the rockers and wheel wells to hopefully prevent rock chips. If you can handle the prep work the rest is pretty easy. Will I do it again? 3 more projects already in the planning stages.But not until next year.
It DOES look really nice. From your pics, it looks great...makes me think about it a bit more.

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Did you bedline the truck yourself? If so, how was the experience?

Thanks for sharing your experience. My power wagon has tons of Arizona pinstripes and I’ve been thinking of doing this myself or having a LineX dealer do it for me.

Debating on a color change or not too.

BensonSTW

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Mine was originally going to be just the rocker panels. 94DC0A7B-B1F2-46D3-B69F-9CA0DEB3E552.jpeg
I did the rockers a few years ago on my Tahoe. I used raptor liner when I did it. The bad part was there were no instructions on prep work. I am pretty positive after using the monstaliner and doing a lot of research, that I didn’t prep it good enough. Now 3+ years later I am getting rock chips. I had bought more raptor to do the rockers on my dodge. Then I started finding more issues and dents and dings on my truck which is why I decided on the full body liner project. I looked at using raptor for that but I liked the monstaliner color options better. And I think monstaliner has a smoother texture. Plus there are ways to color match any factory paint job with monstaliner. I would think, but don’t know for sure, that you can do the same with raptor liner. Monstaliner has like 60+ colors to choose from. If you screw up or need to do touch ups, scuff up the liner wipe down with MEK and paint again. Prep work is straight forward. Scuff the paint, epoxy primer the bare spots, wipe down with MEK, tape and paint. I used the same prep procedure with the raptor liner inside the bed. With raptor liner it seems a lot simpler to mix. Spraying is about the same. But using monstaliner makes it feel more in depth. Kinda like it is a more substantial product. Could just be my way of thinking. Regardless of which brand you use, if you use MEK in your prep work, do it in a well ventilated area. That is some nasty stuff.

This year I will be putting a lot of miles on my truck in the dirt. When my hunting seasons are over I will post updates on my build thread about how it is holding up. Thanks again for all the compliments guys. It is nice when a big project turns out better than you had hoped.

JDCarguy

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Sheridan wyoming
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Cattaneo
Member #

Had a good time this past weekend. Went on a trip with a local club, got to explore the local mountains and put the new suspension to the test. Had a great time and was happily impressed with the truck!

Attachments

Nick Malette

Rank V

Enthusiast III

New Mexico, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Malette
Member #

Went up to Durango area this weekend to do some camping and trails. Didn't have the nerve to do Imogene Pass alone but I did do Ophir pass and took Last Dollar road back around out of Telluride. The cap arrived Thursday and got installed same day! Sleeping in the bed was fantastic, looking forward to building out a platform for sleeping / storage

op1.jpgop2.jpgop3.jpgop4.jpg