Rank III

Enthusiast III

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Miller
Member #

11k miles on the 75th anniversary. So far so good, just got back from Utah/Wyoming/Montana/Idaho road trip. Reset the MPG when I left SoCal truck did okay on gas, not great but okay. (Once I crossed back into Nevada coming home, MPG went back to PW normal) Only modifications I’m considering are 35”s.
426B0951-DBC0-4995-9DAB-94E170A0E975.jpeg
B3C9F726-13D3-4AD5-AC62-3ACCA826F1D7.jpeg

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
11k miles on the 75th anniversary. So far so good, just got back from Utah/Wyoming/Montana/Idaho road trip. Reset the MPG when I left SoCal truck did okay on gas, not great but okay. (Once I crossed back into Nevada coming home, MPG went back to PW normal) Only modifications I’m considering are 35”s.
View attachment 200286
View attachment 200287
I love the Power Wagons, and if I ever purchase a new vehicle it will probably be the one. And that's respectable fuel economy, particularly for a big truck!

I recognize that area. Is that Hwy 18 as you approach the Blue Jay Cut-off near Lake Arrowhead? My parents had a vacation home on North Bay when I was younger, and I drove that road many times.

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
I have a new gen power wagon too. You must have been driving in ideal conditions to get that mpg.

35s on a PW are a no brainer. I wish I went straight to 37s and will be doing it in the next week.

John21powerwagon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I suppose. Went out to Moab then through Yellowstone up into eastern Washington over a course of a month. Traveling back roads/highways (until Nevada) kept me off the West’s 75-80mph interstates. Guess I drove the RambaCadillac like an old man?

John21powerwagon

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I love the Power Wagons, and if I ever purchase a new vehicle it will probably be the one. And that's respectable fuel economy, particularly for a big truck!

I recognize that area. Is that Hwy 18 as you approach the Blue Jay Cut-off near Lake Arrowhead? My parents had a vacation home on North Bay when I was younger, and I drove that road many times.
Yes taken at the infamous red rock turnout, normally filled with tourists taking in the vista.

Squidcop

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Holliday
Member #

Brand new to over-landing so still experimenting. Decked drawers installed in the bed with only 3,000 miles on the odometer. After a few longer camping trips I can not give the decked system enough praise. It has changed the game forever. Love them so much in fact that it inspired me to pull the trigger on a Leitner bed rack system, Roof Nest Condor XL, and OVS 270 awning. All being shipped as I type this. I’m all in now.

Attachments

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Brand new to over-landing so still experimenting. Decked drawers installed in the bed with only 3,000 miles on the odometer. After a few longer camping trips I can not give the decked system enough praise. It has changed the game forever. Love them so much in fact that it inspired me to pull the trigger on a Leitner bed rack system, Roof Nest Condor XL, and OVS 270 awning. All being shipped as I type this. I’m all in now.
Kudos for the flag, but you have it backwards for that side of the truck. The stars should lead the way, not the stripes. When the stripes lead the way it's as if you're moving backward/retreating. When the stars lead the way you're moving forward.

I'm going to nitpick one other thing :tonguewink: Put the flag above the HEMI emblem. We all love that HEMI, but it doesn't rise above our flag :smiley:

IMG_1467.jpg

Last edited:

Squidcop

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Weld County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Holliday
Member #

Kudos for the flag, but you have it backwards for that side of the truck. The stars should lead the way, not the stripes. When the stripes lead the way it's as if you're moving backward/retreating. When the stars lead the way you're moving forward.

I'm going to nitpick one other thing too :tonguewink: Put the flag above the HEMI emblem. Well all love that HEMI, but it doesn't rise above our flag :smiley:

View attachment 201625
Thank you for the heads up sometimes OCD gets the best of you.

Reactions: AnthonyD1978

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Hey, nice multi-air system!
Thank you. It's from a company called MORRFlat. I priced putting one toghether myself, but the cost savings was not worth my time and the fittings wouldn’t have been as nice.
The compressor is hard mounted and wired inside my rambox.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaleRF

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Thank you. It's from a company called MORRFlat. I priced putting one toghether myself, but the cost savings was not worth my time and the fittings would have have been as nice.
The compressor is hard mounted and wired inside my rambox.
Nice!
Can I ask what kind/brand compressor.?.I'm still shopping for mine.

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Nice!
Can I ask what kind/brand compressor.?.I'm still shopping for mine.
It's from Smittybilt. They offer two and I have the larger of the two. Airs all 4 of my 37s at the same time just fine.

I believe it's $170 and the only thing else that out performs it is the ARB dual for $600. At least from what I've seen.

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

It's from Smittybilt. They offer two and I have the larger of the two. Airs all 4 of my 37s at the same time just fine.

I believe it's $170 and the only thing else that out performs it is the ARB dual for $600. At least from what I've seen.
Did you have change the fittings to use your fill system? Reviews mentioned they use proprietary sized fittings. I have the ARB Twin in the portable box but I was thinking about picking one of these up to carry every day and keep the larger ARB for trips.

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)

Cool, OK.
Thanks!